Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone familiar with 2005+ grand cherokee computers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 12:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default anyone familiar with 2005+ grand cherokee computers?

my wife has a 2005 grand cherokee with a pathetic V6, and i'm thinking about putting my 6.0 and a 65e in it when i get her another car.

what i'm wondering about the newer jeeps is: does the BCM, etc communicate with the PCM to operate properly, or can i just graft in an LS1 PCM without messing up the rest of the vehicle's operation?(other than broken drivetrain parts)

the plan is to get rid of the ABS and anti-theft. the only modules i'm worried about are the BCM, door modules, info module(temp, compass).

the keyless entry seems like too much of a pain in the *** to bother with, and i dont have a sunroof, adjustable pedals, heated seats or anything like that. i'll probably fabricate an instrument cluster, so i'm not worried about that either. i'll have to get creative with an odometer too unless i can get an aftermarket speedo with a programmable ODO.

Last edited by rumblebox; 11-23-2011 at 01:16 AM.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just going to say it. I highly doubt you will go through with this.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i should have said this to begin with, but i'm not interested in people's opinions of whether or not i should stay with a chrysler engine(4.7,5.7.6.1, etc) or whether or not i will go through with it.

i'm only interested in people's knowledge on the subject.

thanks in advance to anyone who can help or be encouraging.

to anyone else(AKA trolls with 3 posts), GTFO.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Anything is doable.. if you have the time and $$.. would need the Wiring diagrams of both to see what you can and how to connect the two systems together. Seem like if you make the engine standalone.. and resarch how to connect into the Jeeps BCM..it would work.

Might have to research if the signal are the same or different for what is needed. If not.. some Eletro geek might be able to help out with something. I know a Viper VSS signal is different than a GM one.. but I think they have 5v circuilts for sensors that might have in common between GM and Chy.

if you can get the ABS and anti-theft to work, that would be a plus.

Not much help.. but here is some encouragement !

Good luck..

Quick Reply: anyone familiar with 2005+ grand cherokee computers?