Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parts question gentlemen???

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 12:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts question gentlemen???

Alright guys I have purchased a 2002 Tahoe with a 5.3 and a 4L60e transmission for my swap into a 1971 C10 truck. I believe the motor is a LM not LS because it is a truck motor. Question I have is are all bolt on parts for the actual LS motors interchangeable. I plan on this being a daily driver so I would like to not get to radical. I'm thinking LS6 intake, TB upgrade, Headers, and an under drive pulley and of course PCM tune deleting all the stuff I don't need. Will these parts work on this motor? Looking to get 300 horses at the rear wheels.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:54 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Underdrive pulley would need to be specifically for a truck application. Trucks, F-bodes and Vettes all have different distances the accessories stick off the engine so an underdrive crank pulley for a Vette would not line up with the rest of your accessories.

Consider switching out to vette or F-body accessories when you put the LS6 intake on to avoid water pump clearance issues and your alternator sticking up higher than your intake. You will also need a fuel rail to match the LS6 swap and I THINK that the injectors use a different plug than the truck ones. Coils may also be an issue with the intake swap. If changing accessories, you will need an underdrive pulley to match whatever kit kit you get.

There are multiple ways to get around the water pump clearance issue other than getting all new accessories, one way is to simply buy an f-body water pump and some spacers off ebay so the pulley lines up properly.