Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone ordered an GM oil pan?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 10:23 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone ordered an GM oil pan?

I need a GTO front sump oil pan for a conversion that I am working on and I am debating purchasing a used one or ordering a new one (p/n 12581209) from GMpartsdirect. I was wondering if anyone knows if the GM kit comes with the gasket, bolts, windage tray, and pickup.

I normally would not think so but I just ordered an LS6 valley cover from GMparstdirect and it came with the gasket and the bolts.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:58 AM
Launching!

I sold my used gto pan complete with bolts,dipsticks everything for $175.00. Why buy new when there's good used ones out there from other members. My hummer pan came with bolts and windage tray/pick up, but the dipstick/tube were extra. Depends on who might be selling it.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

I don't know about that specific oil pan, but I ordered a replacement OEM LS1 oilpan (12628771) and it's still sitting in storage. It included the gasket already riveted on, the windage tray & mounting bolts; did not include the pickup. The thread pitch on the filter is different too.

Picked it up new from an internet GM dealer for $180 last March, free ground shipping.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JimMueller
The thread pitch on the filter is different too.
Yep! I bought my LS1 oil pan a few years ago and they take an ACDelco PF48 now
Old 12-03-2011, 08:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Stormed_Norm
I sold my used gto pan complete with bolts,dipsticks everything for $175.00. Why buy new when there's good used ones out there from other members. My hummer pan came with bolts and windage tray/pick up, but the dipstick/tube were extra. Depends on who might be selling it.
I feel like a lot of people out there don't realize that you can buy new parts so cheap. I have seen used oil pans and other used ls1 parts sell on ebay for more than new ones from some of the discount online GM parts retailers. I am definitely all for buying used parts but I also don't want to get in a position where I get a used parts and once I buy a new gasket and bolts I have spent more than I would if I bought a new one. Plus I like new shiny parts.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:49 PM
TECH Resident

All the new pan's i've bought from GM came with the gasket (factory rivited to the pan), and the windage tray bolted in.

The dipstick tube, pickup tube and mounting bolts are not included.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:23 PM
Staging Lane

I just bought a 2004 GTO LS1 with 42k miles for a '67 chevelle. The front sump pan will not work for me. PM me if you are interested.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Thumper28
I feel like a lot of people out there don't realize that you can buy new parts so cheap. I have seen used oil pans and other used ls1 parts sell on ebay for more than new ones from some of the discount online GM parts retailers. I am definitely all for buying used parts but I also don't want to get in a position where I get a used parts and once I buy a new gasket and bolts I have spent more than I would if I bought a new one. Plus I like new shiny parts.
Nothing wrong with shiny and new. But when you can clean up a pan and then paint it body color, there's no difference other than the amount of money I have in my pocket.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Rucumn
I just bought a 2004 GTO LS1 with 42k miles for a '67 chevelle. The front sump pan will not work for me. PM me if you are interested.
Thanks Rucumn, I am interested but with the holiday's coming up money is a little tight right now. I'll give you a shout after the new year and hopefully we can work something out.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:34 AM
Staging Lane

Ok, it is not going anywhere soon. I am not advertising it. I really don't know the market value of it, but I will work with you on it. I hate getting overcharged on shipping, so I will make my own box and ship the cheapest way when you are ready.

Quick Reply: Has anyone ordered an GM oil pan?