Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP MAF question

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 07:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SLP MAF question

I bought a wrecked 99 z28 for the engine and trans and it has a SLP MAF on it mated to an 80mm B&M throttle body.

I am a little confused on how they have it wired and wondering if I can make it a bit cleaner.

The stock IAT sensor is still in place and there is a 3 wire to 5 wire adapter plug connecting the MAF to the stock wiring. Also it looks like the voltage signal wire was snipped and another was ran to the fuse box. Is the stock signal 5v? Does the SLP maf need 12v? Or did the PO do this for some off reason?

Could I get a 3 wire to 5 wire adapter and use the IAT in the MAF rather than the extra IAT in the airbox? If I did this would I need to leave the 12v connection or can I go back to stock wiring.

something like this?
Old 12-04-2011, 07:48 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

show a pic of the actual setup. but from your description, yes that is the cable you will need
Old 12-04-2011, 09:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Here are some pictures.

Here is where the stock wire is cut. That white wire went to the fuse box on the drivers side inside fender.

Here you can see the 3 to 5 wire adapter and the IAT connector

Here is the inside of the MAF...I assume that is the IAT sticking out there on the left
Old 01-16-2012, 10:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

bumping this up as I am closing to starting the wiring. I am going to rework my harness and would like to switch to a single 5 wire maf plug. Can I just wire the SLP maf with a 5 wire connector and eliminate the other connections?

Do I need a different maf table in my tune ?
Old 01-16-2012, 10:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Give John at Speartech a call - had a similar issue today, and he was able to answer quickly - good luck!