Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

conversion question

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 12:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default conversion question

Hello everyone, I'm ready or so I think I am, to throw my ls into my xtreme. I am having some second thoughts however after changing a few things. Unfortunately I'm short on time and need to get this running quickly so I don't have tons to spare searching forums. I have a 2003 6.0l block out of a silverado SS. I removed intake and am using cable driven the with slp ls6 plenum. Originally I was going to install a 5.3 02 tahoe motor. My concern is computer/harness issue. I sold the 03 harness and kept the tahoe harness due to using cable driven tb. Assuming I will use the tahoe (02) ecm, will i run Into issues with the reluctor wheel being Incorrect and causing a no start? Is there a simple work around or should I look for an 02 crank and swap before I slide her into her hole? Also any other concerns you guys may have would be greatly appreciated, as typically time and budget Re in mind. Thanks-S10on 22's.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:24 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Your 2003 is a 24x engine, there is no need to change the crank reluctor. You can run that engine no problem with drive by cable and the the 2002 Tahoe ECM. The harness you are using is going to have a different MAP location and different fuel injector pigtails which obviously can be changed. If you are interested in a brand new aftermarket harness, we have em.

Jon
PSI

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 12-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by psiconversion
Your 2003 is a 24x engine, there is no need to change the crank reluctor. You can run that engine no problem with drive by cable and the the 2002 Tahoe ECM. The harness you are using is going to have a different MAP location and different fuel injector pigtails which obviously can be changed. If you are interested in a brand new aftermarket harness, we have em.

Jon
PSI
Thank you Jon I was under impression it was a 54x.
Trying to save money on project so I was going to use factory tahoe harness. Possibly interested in your solution to save head ache. Please PM me estimate for harness.