Sponsored by:

Keep getting P0507 code

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 07:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Keep getting P0507 code

high idle.

The jeep is running great. Idles around 600 on the tach. stock intake and TB for a 5.3 and I cleaned up the IAC and inside the throttle body and backed off the stop.

I'm guessing my other options are vacuum leak or PCV Valve?

Also, it is due for smog and the code takes 2 days to come back after it has been cleared. Can I clear the code and smog it or will they be able to tell?
Old 12-15-2011, 04:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

I had the same problem took me a long time to find it. I replaced ALL of the vacum lines. There is a short piece by the pcv that goes to the side of the intake about a 3 in. piece, replaced that one and there is a Y on the back of the intake. It is a soft rubber, I replaced that with a plastic T and the vacum lines. Code went away. Good luck.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:43 PM
TECH Regular

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Default will it pass smog

I dont think it will pass if they use a scanner to read the codes(like here in NY) because it becomes a pending code unless you actually fix the problem, the 2 day thing is just how long it took you to go through the "drive cycle" to see if you really fixed the problem or just cleared it. Good luck.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 79LS1FOX
I dont think it will pass if they use a scanner to read the codes(like here in NY) because it becomes a pending code unless you actually fix the problem, the 2 day thing is just how long it took you to go through the "drive cycle" to see if you really fixed the problem or just cleared it. Good luck.
My brother took it in today and cleared the code before he went. The smog guy had to make some calls to figure out how to smog the thing

The guy smogged it like it was a 1978 Jeep. never even hooked up to the OBD2.

Now I guess I have 2 years to screw with it to figure out the CEL.

Quick Reply: Keep getting P0507 code