Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DBW or DBC Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 11:57 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DBW or DBC Help

I'm in the process of gathering parts. I've read all the swap guides and searched but I cannot find out what is the best setup or easiest.

This is going into an 84 cutlass.

Sounds like i'm going to need to change out my gas pedal in either case is this true? and can i take the pedal from a donor car or do I need an aftermarket?

What year wiring harness should I use?

What year pcm should I use?

I'm going to be getting an LQ4, I have my eye on an 03 and an 02 out of a chevy 2500.

Edit: What TB should I use? I have an LS2 intake going on this as well. I'm sure that helps.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:18 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Lets start simple. What year/make/model is the engine and transmission?

Jon
PSI

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 12-16-2011, 02:18 PM
Staging Lane

02 or 03 LQ4 both motors are in Chevy 2500 trucks. Using my built TH350 tranny.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

03 Silverado 2500 was the last year that had the capability to run DBC. It has the items needed to drive the IAC. After 03 in the trucks GM did away with it as everything other than vans had DBW. Your gas pedal should be cable actuated now, correct? If so you should be able to use it with DBC.
You can remove the wiring harness from the 02 or 03 and use it with either setup. If you decide to go with DBW you will need thePCM, main harness, TAC module and the gas pedal from the same truck. If you decide to go DBC you need the PCM and the main engine harness. If you plan on using the automatic transmission from the same truck you will need the harness that plugs into it DBC or DBW. You can buy an F-body (98-02) harness and PCM and it is already DBC and ditch the truck one. Supposedly the F body is a better computer but I dont see how. The truck PCM will have a green/blue connector and the F body will have blue and red. Not sure on the throttle body as I am running L92 heads and 2010 LS3 intake with a 96mm throttle body.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:52 PM
Staging Lane

Yes its cable now. So basically I can use any motor but I need an 98-02 F-Body Harness or 03 and down truck harness. I'm using the ls2 intake so basically I just need a DBC TB and I should be fine.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stoney667
Yes its cable now. So basically I can use any motor but I need an 98-02 F-Body Harness or 03 and down truck harness. I'm using the ls2 intake so basically I just need a DBC TB and I should be fine.
Yes. You may have to change out the end of your existing cable or buy a Lokar like I did. My car (69 Camaro) came with a V8 so I had a lever. I had to change out the pedal to a 6 cylinder which was cable actuated.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:19 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Keep in mind that with the LS2 intake you have to change the injector connectors (truck used Multec, Firebird/Camaro used EV1 and LS2 used EV6). Also, your LS2 intake has 4 bolts for mounting the throttle body. You will need an aftermarket Throttle body to bolt up or use an adapter plate. If you could find an LS6 intake, you may spend slightly more money up front but it will make more power and can use a stock throttle body and ev1 injectors. Just a thought.

Jon
PSI

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'

Quick Reply: DBW or DBC Help