Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help with foxbody swap

Old 12-20-2011, 12:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with foxbody swap

Anyone know if its possible to keep the heater core and ac when swaping a ls1 into an 89 mustang? All pics I've seen looks like there's no room for these items. And also abs would be nice to keep also
Old 12-20-2011, 12:32 AM
Teching In

Looking to make a daily driver/strip race car so I want to keep most functions of my 99 camaro with the swap
Old 12-20-2011, 01:37 PM
Staging Lane

Yes you can keep a/c and heat just use heater hose from the ports on the ls1 by the thermostat to the stock location on the firewall to the stock mustang heater core and for the a/c you will need the ls1 compressor and custom ends on the ford a/c lines to make it all work all other a/c componets will be oem ford stuff from what i've seen i'm not running a/c on my mustang just heat

As for the abs i don't think your gonna get that onto a fox unless you get creative never seen it done before personally
Old 12-20-2011, 02:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by AllMotorLT1
Yes you can keep a/c and heat just use heater hose from the ports on the ls1 by the thermostat to the stock location on the firewall to the stock mustang heater core and for the a/c you will need the ls1 compressor and custom ends on the ford a/c lines to make it all work all other a/c componets will be oem ford stuff from what i've seen i'm not running a/c on my mustang just heat

As for the abs i don't think your gonna get that onto a fox unless you get creative never seen it done before personally

Ya I'm not really worried abt the ac or abs system just b nice to have those in it. Thanks for the info man this almost killed my build! Should have some progress up once I can get my camaro back from the insurance company and get my motor out of it
Old 12-20-2011, 05:00 PM
Staging Lane

Are you running LS1 car or LS truck accessories? The LS1s ac compressor will fit, but the trucks will need some space added to clear the sway bar.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...l#post15612003
Old 12-20-2011, 05:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used all GM components. Truck A/C comp., F-body condenser, modified escalade accumulator (cut the mount and remounted it at an angle), and then put the f-body evap into the mustang heater/ac box.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: need help with foxbody swap