Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ebay Harness

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 05:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Ebay Harness

There is a stand alone harness on eBay for $299 plus shipping. The guys name is haveaseat2. Has anyone used this harness? I am on a budget and this looks like a good deal. I've thought about modding a factory harness, but this looks like it will make life easier and isn't much more than i have seen factory harnesses go for. Any insight is appreciated.

This will be going in a 93 mustang.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check his feedback first. If not it's only 200 more to go with a proven psi harness. A bad harness will have you diagnosing in circles.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 98 Likes on 68 Posts

Wink

Look closely at the pics before buying. Used reworked harness. Verify injection connector for your application.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It would be helpful if you posted a link so we know exactly which harness your looking at
Old 12-25-2011, 09:20 AM
Launching!

Default harness

Originally Posted by Rocketrod
It would be helpful if you posted a link so we know exactly which harness your looking at
I would guess it's this one for $299.00 since the others are different prices:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/97-07-LS1-LS...sories&vxp=mtr
Old 12-25-2011, 09:24 AM
On The Tree

If you are going to get a harness off of eBay get one from techrods. They are very nice harnesses.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

^^ If that is in fact it I would save your money for something else...
Old 12-25-2011, 10:44 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by FatfreeGTO
^^ If that is in fact it I would save your money for something else...
Explain... I have thought about doing my own too or just going this route. This guy seems to have decent feedback from a couple of buyers. What is it that you look for when determining a reputable source?

Love the GTO build by the way. I am building a '67 chevelle.
Old 12-25-2011, 11:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rucumn
Explain... I have thought about doing my own too or just going this route. This guy seems to have decent feedback from a couple of buyers. What is it that you look for when determining a reputable source?

Love the GTO build by the way. I am building a '67 chevelle.
Thanks, good luck with your chevelle! Hope you start a build thread so we can follow.

About the harness, I looked at his feedback and it looks like he really has only sold 1 other harness that he modified. What he pictured just looks really messy to me. His other sales are from parts basically, not enough to make me feel comfortable with a reworked stock harness, especially when you can go to a company like PSIconversion for example as well as others that will sell you a completely new harness for $200 more that will mount the computers in the passenger compartment and will lay out nicely on the engine and not have any cut and spliced wires anywhere. I wouldn't want to be potentially chasing electrical problems in an attempt to save $200 bucks... That's my feelings at least. Hope this helps.
Old 12-25-2011, 03:07 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah, I agree that the extra $200 for a harness that puts the computer where you want it and no spliced wires is worth it. I think I am going to try my own anyway just to learn. Once I clean the car all up for show, I may end up buying one.

I do plan to start a build thread since I am going to be looking for advice on oil pan, mounts, brackets and such. I am ready to start buying stuff, so I will start the thread once I get back from vacation. I have a 2004 gto ls1 with a 2000 T56.
Old 12-25-2011, 04:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would pass on that harness. Do it yourself, or pay extra and get one from sponsor. Yes, it will cost more, but how much is your time worth when you have any and there is no tech support....

Quick Reply: Ebay Harness