Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front O2 Sensor Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 09:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Front O2 Sensor Question

I am trying to wire up a '99 LQ4 in my brothers tube buggy. I am using the factory harness and unfortunately someone has cut the passenger side O2 wires. So I no longer have the connectors for that side. Looking at the driver side, the front O2 sensor carried a flat, four pin connector.

My question is: I have a set of '02 LS1 fbody front O2's "square pattern, four wire connector" and extension wires with connectors. Could I just do a way with the original "flat" style connector on the driver side and wire in the ends of the extensions I have and then use the fbody O2's on both sides? If not it appears I will have to buy another "flat" style connector and two matching O2's. I am just not sure if the "signal" from these O2's would be interchangeable. Thanks for any help.

Chase
Old 12-27-2011, 12:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

They will interchange without any problems. Just make sure to get the wiring correct, and you'll be good to go.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by salemetro
They will interchange without any problems. Just make sure to get the wiring correct, and you'll be good to go.
Thank you, I will start looking for a wiring diagram then.