Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

game-over's 69 lsx 1/1/13 new pics (UPDATE) pg.10

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 12:39 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Subscribed to this one. Looking good. Where in PA are you?
Old 01-20-2012, 07:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tsnow678
Leave the emblems on, man the purists are everywhere!!! I have a clone or tribute car and it is fine like it is. I can drive mine without the fear of damaging a $60,000 vehicle. Z/28 were built for racing not some old man to park in his enclosed trailer or in his vault to hold onto. People ought to be glad that someone out there actually pays attention to the racing heritage and wants to pay tribute to it in the form of an actual car. I have never claimed it to be a "true Z" but I have claimed to out run that old technology any day of the week!! I could understand if you were trying to swap in a period correct 302, DZ, and try to fool someone. I dont think they had LS1's back in the day. Purists are my "pet peeve"!!!

Back to your build, your car looks awesome! Love the color! Man I haven't seen a set of Cragar SST's in forever. I like the second gens better and you are right the rallyes would set the car off but I like it as is. I see you already have two clutch master cylinders. What brand are they? I notice they have an adjustable end on them. Are you going to try and mount the engine in with the alternator and compressor down low like that or are you going to move everything up top? If you want to run them low like that you will need to notch the frame on both sides. What oil pan are you running? Stock F-body more than likely will not fit as your steering linkage will hit it. AutoKraft pans seem to be common in these cars so do the Holley. If you go with a Moroso like mine you will have to modify the belly of the crossmember for clearance and run an external oil filter. Glad to see the car finally, man she is a beautiful car. Hey the front seats, are they out of a 93-02 Camaro? I hope you got them out of a true Z so you dont hurt the value of your vehicle, LMFAO!!!
honestly the clutch master cylinders i have no idea what brand they are.. ill check when i get home... and i havent given it any thought to how i am going to mount certain things...
the oil pan i have is the LH8.. i have heard it hangs low..... so im up in the air on if i want to keep it or not
ill get that picture over to you soon
Old 01-20-2012, 07:42 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pop N Wood
Sending those heads out to TSP or someone similar will get you a long way toward your HP goals.

Beautiful car. Leave the emblems.
yeah... im pretty excited to get them back from TEA... we shall see
Old 01-20-2012, 07:44 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 96t/acj
I would use someone else besides wait4meperformance, they have poor communication skills and my harness and computer has been there for almost a month ... Just my experience!
Originally Posted by tango68ss
..on the ECM, I would go with Jon @ Speartech. Though he might be pricey, you get what you paid for! His customer service is OUTSTANDING!! I haven't fired my baby up since getting his harness, yet nine months later I call him and he remembers me and gives me assistance! That's worth the extra $ I paid!

TC

thanks guy for the info.... i will concider everything and check it out
Old 01-20-2012, 07:47 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Scott02WS6
where did you get the fast 92 stuff at
when i bought the whole drop out a while ago. the guy i bought it off of added everything in with the deal... we was gonna do the same thing i wanted to do... so thats how i ended up with a good bit of it.... its all new still in its wrapping.. i got very lucky.. i think anyway
Old 01-20-2012, 07:49 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by kirk69nova
Subscribed to this one. Looking good. Where in PA are you?

thanks man... i'll try to keep it interesting

i live in york pa 30 minutes below harrisburg
Old 01-20-2012, 12:07 PM
On The Tree

I am over near Pittsburgh. My thread is on here too, but I am still in the planning stages. Trying to figure out exactly how this will turn out. Seems like it is taking forever for me but I really don't have a time table and I am in no hurry.

On another note, try Jon at PSIconversions.com for wiring. He gets a lot of good reviews on here and I have talked with him personally on the phone and he seems like a great person to deal with. I have not purchased a thing from him and he keeps offering his help.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:50 PM
10 Second Club

thinking of pulling the trigger on this today

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.c...rod/prd722.htm
Old 01-26-2012, 08:38 AM
10 Second Club

merry xmas to me..

Old 01-26-2012, 08:49 AM
10 Second Club

entropyrad

http://www.entropyrad.com/index.php?...d&productId=10
Old 01-27-2012, 05:52 PM
Teching In

Looking good! Great to hear you had no clearance issues with headers/steering/mounts. That's a huge milestone right there. If you haven't already - head over to www.pro-touring.com and www.lateral-g.net and check some of the builds there - a lot of knowledgeable guys and gals there who have modded first gen Camaros with LSx engines. Be warned - you may find yourself spending a LOT of time on those sites after you see some of the builds!

G.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:12 PM
10 Second Club

ihavent got my install kit yet or my headers... they are being made right now...lol

i have the username game-over on there also... i love it ..
Old 01-27-2012, 06:23 PM
Launching!

another 69 i can fallow.
Nice car and good luck.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by game-over
thursday or friday i will be ordering version to of the SPECTRA gas tank with a upgraded 255 and fuel lines....
How did that tank work out for you?
Old 01-28-2012, 07:36 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 66 BADBOY
How did that tank work out for you?

i havent ordered it yet..... im have mixed emotions about it...

i want DSE tank for $1000 plus $125 for sending unit (comes with upgraded 255 pump)...

or

buy the new and improved spectra tank for $460 w/ sending unit plus $140 to upgrade to 255 pump..

i talked to the rep guys in canada for spectra.. he told me they fixed all the issues that were coming up....

if people want the version two you have to custom order it... IF YOU ORDER THE SPECTRA TANK NOW YOU WILLGET THE OLD ONE... IT HAS TO BE CUSTOM ORDERED...

just thought i would share..

im just up in the air
Old 01-28-2012, 08:54 PM
10 Second Club

whats up guys.... i ended up making another big choice today.... got a really good deal from a friend of mine that builds pro-touring camaros...

bought a built 12 bolt to replace my 10 bolt ..

Moroso - Posi Unit
Moroso - Wheel Studs, 7/17 x 20
Moser - 30 Spline Axles
Moser - 1350, HD Pinion Yoke
Moser - Aluminum Rear Cover w/ Girdle
NEW - U.S.A. Gear, 3;73 Gear Set
NEW - Bearings & Seals
NEW - Axle C -- Clips
NEW - Rear Cover Gasket
Black Powder Coat Housing.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:55 PM
10 Second Club

Old 01-29-2012, 08:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hey what trans mount did you run? looks like a stock one, modified..
Old 02-01-2012, 03:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry Game-over I thought I was subscribed to your thread. I am now. Hey man the rear looks great!!! You definately grabbed a good deal. Did you ever try to see if the 10 bolt is posi yet? Go ahead and rebox the radiator up and let me test it for you for a few decades, lol?! Once you start the swap you wont need a thing. Best of luck to ya.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:46 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by tsnow678
Sorry Game-over I thought I was subscribed to your thread. I am now. Hey man the rear looks great!!! You definately grabbed a good deal. Did you ever try to see if the 10 bolt is posi yet? Go ahead and rebox the radiator up and let me test it for you for a few decades, lol?! Once you start the swap you wont need a thing. Best of luck to ya.

no not yet... im going out this weekend to play around in the garage... i'll let you know..

sure.. i'll send out the rad today lol

Quick Reply: game-over's 69 lsx 1/1/13 new pics (UPDATE) pg.10