Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone custom applied fuse labels to thier modified LS fuse block

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 08:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Has anyone custom applied fuse labels to thier modified LS fuse block

I have my 5.3 harness converted, did this about a year ago but haven't installed it yet. I have all of my connectors and loose wiring labled so I know where that goes.

I also wrote down a sketch of my fuse block and what fuses go to what wires....luckly I found it.

But I was really wanting to put labels on the block it'self somehow so that I can readly tell what fuse controls what (fans, injectors, cruise, and so forth).

Has anyone done that? I suppose last resort is to make a "cover" to go over this with a label printed out on the underside of the cover.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would be worried about the labels heating up and peeling off. If I were you, I'd make a nice chart on a piece of notecard and just keep that in the glove box of the vehicle. I have done that for some of my engine-harness-to-chassis-wiring connectors and it has already saved me hours of looking at diagrams to figure out what I did 1, 2, and 3 years ago.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:05 AM
On The Tree

I labeled mine with my jobs label maker. If the fuse block is heating up enough to melt off labels i would think you would have to be concerned about an improper wired fuse block? It shouldn't heat up enough to have the label come off.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've got a nice dynaco (think thats the spelling) label maker, I actually used it to make the labels for my harness with it.

I didn't know I could make labels small enough to fit on it

Either way I have been looking online for a little plastic "box" to put this fuse box in and maybe make a stick on label to put under the cover with a fuse diagram.

Heck I could make the diagram in paint and print it on self adhesive paper.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just found this fuse panel being sold on a yamaha website

http://www.blackrhinoperformance.com...ele20002x.aspx

It looks like it is a pair of those fuse panels like I used in mine attached together but has a cover that goes over both

I wonder if I could find something like that seperatly somewhere, anyone know of something like that?
Old 02-03-2012, 02:14 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I meant to make up a label for my fuse box. I saved the original label from the box so I could see how they drew the components and I was going to scan it into the computer and edit it with paint and then have a sticker printed out at a local sign place. It wouldn`t be too hard and would make the swap that much more factory appearing.......but I never quite got around to it.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I labeled all the relays with a $20 Dymo label maker using the plastic printed labels (not the paper ones) and it's been fine for almost three years and lots of daily all weather abuse. Like G-Body, I slacked on the fuses because I used the factory fuse block and never finished it.

If you can find the covers separately, I would be interested in one for another project.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did a harness for a friend putting a 2000 5.3L/4L60E into a 68 C10. I made the legend in word, printed and laminated then stuck it in the cover. I used a fuse box from an old J-body dime a dozen at the wreckers and comes with fuses/relays to use. Sanded the original legend off the top and painted it. I labeled the fuses the same as the wiring diagrams for easy reference down the road.
Attached Thumbnails Has anyone custom applied fuse labels to thier modified LS fuse block-p1040899.jpg  
Old 02-03-2012, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool

Originally Posted by flame
Did a harness for a friend putting a 2000 5.3L/4L60E into a 68 C10. I made the legend in word, printed and laminated then stuck it in the cover. I used a fuse box from an old J-body dime a dozen at the wreckers and comes with fuses/relays to use. Sanded the original legend off the top and painted it. I labeled the fuses the same as the wiring diagrams for easy reference down the road.
Now that's the $#it, right there!! Nicely done!

Quick Reply: Has anyone custom applied fuse labels to thier modified LS fuse block