Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hassan's 427 pt88 hatchback,,, yes another turbo ls fox body :D

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 03:37 AM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default hassan's 427 pt88 hatchback,,, yes another turbo ls fox body :D

i know there are tons of them on this site , but i decided to put the build thread in here so we can keep track of progress and as record of stuff we did .

the idea of this whole build is to have a fun- (underline FUN) street car that the owner can drive around town , have a few races , beat some liter bikes, go cruising around town, and take it to the track every now and then for some passes. this is not going to be an all out drag car ( you never know ) and will run on premium dinosaur juice

so on with the build progress:

the car is a run of the mill 92 v8 hatchback with a stick shift. the previous owner was in the process of installing a twin turbo kit before he sold it , i guess the only thing he actually finished was mounting the intercooler . ( i just noticed i don't have any pictures of the car itself just parts of it )

the car already had weld drag wheels (skiinies up front and wide ones in the rear) , it also had drag radials on it and what seems to be an ok fuel system as well as lower and upper rear arms :

moving on , the owner got a k member for it and he already had a built ls7 427 for it as well as a t56 and clutch, so those naturally fount their way into the car . the engine came of a twin turbo vette so it has all the right parts and compression.

so going along with the FI theme it was decided to turbo this thing, the initial plan was to run this mystery turbo up front and see what the car would do , then maybe swap to something else :

so after staring at the engine compartment for a few hours we decided to mount it on the driver side frame rail :

the plan was to have the 5" down pipe go down behind the radiator with a puffler there and exit from the passenger side fender infront of the tire.

after that the fabrication of the hot side commenced

to keep things simple and dependable we decided to go with stock truck manifolds facing forward, this would give us the most clearance as well as keep the piping to a minimum :

well a few days later we got the hotside all fabbed up using 2.5 inch tubing into a 3" merge :

( wastegate flange not shown in the pics , but it will be just before the big flex coupler where the two pipes merge)

,,,,,,, and then the plan changed

hassan ( the owner ) deciced to go with a precision 88 turbo instead , which meant that we had to redo the hotside again because the turbo had to be relocated:

and the progress in making the new hotside, basically the same layout as the old one but slightly different :

the down pipe will still be the same layout , but will be in a more manageable 4" dia. pipe

we're also working on installing an 8 point roll cage, but its not a priority right now

so next up on the project to do list :

- finish the hotside
- down pipe and muffler
- cold side piping and turbo oil lines
- radiator and plumbing
- wiring harness

this should be enough to get the car to a "startable" phase, after that we have:

- finish roll cage
- connect fuel system
- install torque box reinforcement plates
- try to start the thing
Old 02-07-2012, 10:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Best of luck with your project, Hassan.
You've done a tremendous amount of work!
Old 05-07-2012, 04:07 AM
8 Second Club

update time

going by the list above , we had the hot side all finished up , also installed a muffler and had it exit from in front of the passenger side tire . also had the cold side plumbing done as well as all the other plumbing.
and the roll cage and torque boxes are all done now too.

given that the car was " almost done" , the owner decided to paint it , so it was out with everything and off to the painters . a few weeks later he got the car back from paint , he had the outside, roll cage and engine compartment all painted . owner went with a classic white paint job that came out pretty nice

also got the engine and tranny back in and everything plumbed up, he actually fired it up last night and all vitals are good
( i should get some more pics of the engine compartment real soon )

so next up is having the interior put back in , and then a quick alignment and then dyno time
Old 05-07-2012, 05:16 AM
9 Second Club

Nice build!
Old 05-09-2012, 12:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

I hope your friends pay you
Old 05-09-2012, 04:52 PM
8 Second Club

looool , i wish

how you been eric ?
Old 05-09-2012, 06:46 PM
Teching In

what motor mounts are those?
Old 05-10-2012, 05:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Life's been fun to say the least lol... Just been working alot doing many things. Doing some neat conversion here as well, in my limmited free time. Trying to possibly get a ls motor in the nova but ehh i dont want it to go slower lmao. Other then that just trying to stay alive.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:25 AM
8 Second Club

good to hear buddy !

well this thing has been coming along nicely , the interior is all in now :

and so is the engine and stuff attatched to it :

sexy side exhaust :

we did manage to fire up the car and it looks good so far , it has a very basic tune in it right now , so the next step is to have it tuned for idel and driveability , then for WOT .

there is a small issue with the clutch right now , where it seems like it would not disengage , we're planning on installing a spacer behind the slave cylinder to see if it helps.
and we are still waiting on a flaming river steering shaft, and as soon as that is in and the trans sorted out he can drive the thing

owner also is planning on a fuel system upgrade, he just ordered an Aeromotive 1000 pump , and will be redoing the fuel lines too.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:24 AM
8 Second Club

time for an update i guess

the car is up and running now , its waiting to be dynoes as we spaeak , or type

there was a small change in plans, as the t56 transmission was replaced temporarily with a built 400 ( we have a race coming up in month and the owner wanted to take part). the owner also got some strange light weight front brakes and adjustable shocks up front installed. we also finished the fuel system by adding an external A1000 aeromotive pump and ditching the stock intank one. ( not my choise but owner wanted it that way).

the car has a nice deep rumble to it , which really surprised me as i was expecting it to be a bit louder.

i'll post some more pics and hopefullyt he dyno vids and numbers as soon as its done

Quick Reply: hassan's 427 pt88 hatchback,,, yes another turbo ls fox body :D