Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with some wires

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 05:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with some wires

Ok so I'm workin on my harness for my 5.3 trying to make it standalone, thinkin now I should have just sent it off lol anyways, I have used www.lt1swap.com/99-02vortec pcm pinouts, for most of my wires but I've got some questions that I cant find the answers to. I have this fuse box and plug that were on the harness when I got it, I'm assuming off the old truck, well most of the wires came off the plug here on the right, an orange, pink and green with white stripe came out of the fuse box per that lt1 site...

Left in that plug on the right is a green with black stripe and a pink and a tan with white stripe that goes to this plug....

I cant quite recall what this plug even goes to so I'm kinda at a stand still here. Also what do you do with the rest of the wires in the old fuse box? Lots of pinks and two bigger green wires and a purple wire? That site didn't help much with the fuse box just the pcm connectors.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:15 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The bottom plug is used for the oil pressure sending unit and feeds the factory gauge. I believe after reviewing the info on lt1swap.com that this is connector C100.in which case the green/black is for the shift lock solenoid and the purple goes to the tcc brake switch input. Pink is usually crank/run voltage supplied

Last edited by mantycarguy; 02-11-2012 at 09:47 PM. Reason: update
Old 02-12-2012, 11:45 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So pretty much that plug can be removed, I won't need that oil pressure sending unit. Now what about that green w/black stripe and pink? They go straight from the fuse box to that rectangular plug wires are fairly short?
Old 02-12-2012, 12:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Small white one is Oil Pressure like mentioned.

Last edited by the_merv; 02-13-2012 at 11:27 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:34 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check lt1swap again. The C100 plug for 2001 vortec harnesses have all the pinout letters listed. Simply match your wire colors with those posted. Each connector is labeled if you look closely such as a-b-c etc.

Quick Reply: Help with some wires