Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

k10 swap help.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default k10 swap help.

I have a 1984 k10. It came with a 305. It was swapped back in the early 90's by my dad. Anyways it now has a 350 and has a carb. I took an engine out of my 2005 gmc savana 6.0l ls series. The problem is im getting alot of different advice. For instance one hot rod shop told me I needed to buy a whole new pcm for a manual since my truck is one and the van is auto. Another mechanic told me i can have someone unlock my pcmcia and change a setting from auto to manual. Another issue I'm coming across is people are saying my new engine is serial recognized and I need to buy a cluster and have someone reprogram in the Bing from my engine to that cluster. Then another street rod shop told me it could be written out of the program so it doesn't need the aerial recognition. All I want is to put the engine in and not cost me a fortune for someone to go through the wirong and to program my pcm. I mean I have all the fuel injection stuff. i kept every wire in the van in case I needed it. the only thing I didn't keep was the cluster. Also will the 360 motor mounts bolt to my 6.0 or should i biy the kit. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:36 PM

Did I post in the wrong area? 114 reads not one comment. I could really use some guidance.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:39 PM

Im doing the same swap in my K5

Using dirty dingo mounts, bolts into the factory mounts.

Using the factory harness, im also running the 4speed. I d-pinned my PCM connectors according to lt1swap.com

Wealth of very very useful info on that site. Peep it out and see whatsup.

Quick Reply: k10 swap help.