Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help buying some parts. ls1 68 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 04:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help buying some parts. ls1 68 camaro

Ok Ive been on here for a while, I have a 68 Camaro and im putting a ls2 and a t56 in. Im running the dougs motor plates. I was going to fab my own crossmember but i hardly have any time. Im wondering whats a decent crossmember that doesnt cost an arm and a leg? Second, Im thinking about running solid body mounts. which should i run... Standard height or half ... Also, whats a decent brand. Ive seen a few brands, but they very in overall size and design. Let me know, thanks. Prices alway help out too.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:14 PM
Launching!

any reason for running the motor plates? I did a simiallar swap almost 10 years ago (first engine was LS1, now its LS2) We ran plates that bolted onto the block that allowed us to run factory 68 mounts (poly mounts tho) and we didnt modify the front crossmember at all.

The trans crossmember we just cut the factory one and added in about 9 inches of 1/4 plate so the bolt hole lined up for the trans mount.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sabastian458
any reason for running the motor plates? I did a simiallar swap almost 10 years ago (first engine was LS1, now its LS2) We ran plates that bolted onto the block that allowed us to ractory un factory 68 mounts (poly mounts tho) and we didnt modify the front crossmember at all.

The trans crossmember we just cut the factory one and added in about 9 inches of 1/4 plate so the bolt hole lined up for the trans mount.
There the adapter plates that you run with the factory mounts. Same as your mounts. I was going to make the cross member, but at this point... I would rather buy something for a decent price.

Quick Reply: Need help buying some parts. ls1 68 camaro