Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help 1991 z28 ls1 swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help 1991 z28 ls1 swap

Hey im new to this site so here it goes im thinking of swaping an ls1 or ls6 & t56 into my 91 z28 350 tpi auto unfortunatly I dont have the space or complete knowledge to do it myself but I have a few ?s the 91 has a lot wrong with it like floor pans a pos home made moon roof and loads of electrical issues and after every effort of mine tge 350 wont run so I ask is it worth it to buy another third gen to swap my ls1 into or just stick with that I only paid 200 for the 91 so not a big lose. And is it worth it to buy the whole donar car or just the drive train any and all help would be much appreciated
Old 04-25-2012, 04:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get on thirdgen.org and spend a month or two reading in the lsx/ltx swap section. you will gain all the knowledge you need to help you make your decisions. (i'm not kidding about the timeframe either, and make sure and read through all of the stickies). the search button is your friend....search as much as possible, most of the time you'll find your questions have been answered, and most of the seasoned guys on any forum get tired of the same questions all the time. put together a budget and then add 30% for everything you forgot. if you don't have the knowledge or the space to do it...how do you intend to pull the swap off, it is very involved, and paying someone else to do it will add a lot of expense to the swap. i'm not trying to be rude, its important that you are prepared for what you are trying to undertake.

if it were me i wouldn't do a swap into a basket case like what you have described. start with a better roller.

Quick Reply: Help 1991 z28 ls1 swap