Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i got my first lsx

Old 04-28-2012, 02:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default i got my first lsx

so I came across a 99 4.8 auto silverodo that was wrecked along the driverside but still driveable such a good deal couldnt pass it up got higher miles but I want to rebuild it and swap out my lt1 for this. I trying to think exactly what I want , Im going to get it bored just how big we'll see, and trying to figure out what parts will work and what parts wont.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok I have some questions I need help with I know lots on here will help me answer. when converting the truck motor to a lt1 style camaro is the truck pcm the same as a camaro? Are the truck fuel injectors the same as a ls1 camaro injector. And what all needs changed in the front rotating accesoies I no the water pump and brackets but are the alternator and ac the same just different brackets. Thanks Ill wait for you responses
Old 04-29-2012, 06:07 PM
TECH Resident

The LS and LT accessories are completely different. The pcms I think are different also. You'll need the wiring harness for the truck and need to modify it to plug into the camaro.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The easiest route to go would be to get all the Fbody parts (i.e.- PCM, Harness, oil pan, FEAD, intake, and exhaust) and then just bolt the 4.8 in like its an LS1. The long block is interchangable but that is about it.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99VetteFRC
The easiest route to go would be to get all the Fbody parts (i.e.- PCM, Harness, oil pan, FEAD, intake, and exhaust) and then just bolt the 4.8 in like its an LS1. The long block is interchangable but that is about it.
yes I think thats what I wil do

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: i got my first lsx