Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls6 intake w ls2 coils and corvette regulator

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Default ls6 intake w ls2 coils and corvette regulator

I'm in the process of lt1-> lsx conversion. I have the engine in the car now and my #5 coil is directly hitting the ls6 fuel rail on the driver side. the valve covers are from a truck motor so I'm wondering if the mounts are different vs car valve covers. Don't have any around but can't tell. The coils do sit higher on the valve covers

I unbolted the #5 coil for now. I plan on bending the fuel rail up slightly as I plan on attaching my corvette regulator directly to the fuel rail, but still need a resolution on what do to with the coils. I'm thinking to build a 1" spacer and just drop the full coils down more on the valve cover so I get clearance.

Thoughts or other approaches?
Old 05-01-2012, 11:19 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats normal, the LS2 fuel rail has the inlet a different location than the LS1/6 fuel rail. You can carefully bend the inlet of the fuel rail to get some clearance if its close, I had to do this to use the truck coils with the LS16 fuel rail. All LSx valve covers have the same mounting locations.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If the Fuel rail inlet is a problem, you can try this.. That way the fuel line comes in from the back and in the direction of where your stock fuel line is at. If you can also put your regulator on the firewall (if you not using a Vette FPR).

BC

Quick Reply: ls6 intake w ls2 coils and corvette regulator