Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3 Engine Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.3 Engine Question

I recently did a 5.3 swap into a 1987 Montecarlo SS and my question is engine runs good but I have gas leaking into exhaust on cylinders 3 and 7... Only thing different is I put a 5.7 intake and injectors... Any help is greatly appreciated...
Old 05-02-2012, 06:09 PM
Teching In

pull the rail and injectors and turn the car on to see if any are statically leaking under pressure. then swap the injectors to a different cylinder if the first test doesn't work to see if it's a wiring issue or injector issue
Old 05-02-2012, 06:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

sounds like a leaky/stuck injector.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Simple way is to put a fuel pressure gauge on the valve on the end of the Fuel rail. after you start up and warm up. Turn it off and note the pressure, see if it leaks down over a short period of team or long.

If it comes down after a short time, I would suspect a bad injector. If so, I would then do the above test of removing the fuel rail to see if any are leaking badly or swap them around or out. Could try doing Seafoam treament the engine and gas.

Also check the Ohm reading of the ejectors coils, should be around 14ohm, could be a bad coil in the injector.

Good luck on finding the problem. Keep us posted....

BC