Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which one guys?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 01:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which one guys?

What's up guys. I have a 03 Mustang GT 5speed and almost pulled the trigger on a 5.4 sohc swap pt8847 turbo and th400 build but recently had a change of heart and want to go lq4/9 370 or 408 stroker with L92 heads and the pt88 turbo with th400. The thing that scares me is doing all the wiring to make the LQ work like it should or run in general. This is my first build/swap of any kind so it's alittle intimidating to be honest. This is not a everyday driver just a street/strip car (weekends). I have been searching the forum for info but not a lot on the New Edge cars with the setup I want to run. What do you guys think between the two options about 5.4 vs LQ. And just a side note I love the new edge body's but love the LS engine platform so this would be MY best of both worlds. Thanks guys.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

I don't know much about the Ford engines, but I think the LQ4/turbo would be fun as hell. Don't forget to start a thread w/alot of pics.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:24 PM
Staging Lane

I will take a lot of pics and start a thread when I start on the project. It should be fun and frustrating at the same time lol.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:31 PM
Teching In

Lq4 for sure. Done right you'll have 8 sec potential. Love those cars and I love them more with an LS in them! The wiring is not as bad as it sounds. Tech and google will be very helpful with info. Get started on the build thread, I love it lol...
Old 05-20-2012, 01:33 PM
Staging Lane

I'd go with the the LQ. Since its not your only car and down time probably isn't an issue, take it as a learning experience. The LQ is also bigger so it will spool faster.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:35 PM
TECH Regular

Just buy a complete stand stand alone harness from a vendor like PSI and and ECU and you will have just about all you need wiring wise to get it running. The only real hard part about wiring is if you try to make your own stand alone harness, its not horrible just really time consuming. I made my own and if I had to do it over again Id spend the extra money on the PSI harness.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:52 PM
Staging Lane

That's why I love this site, the positive attitudes keeps me in good spirits and also keeps hope alive! It will take awhile to get all of the parts I will need and to gather info for this project but when it's done it should be a street/strip car that will scare women and children and a few Hondas here and there lol. I can't wait to see the look on people's faces when I go to a car show open the hood and see the confusion in there face and the question of WHY? I already have a license plate that says BAD 2V but they wont know it's a Chevy 2V.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:49 PM
Staging Lane

One of my main questions is should I buy a junkyard complete lq4 with harness ect? I will be replacing 99% of that stuff anyway so should I just buy a Texas Speed long lock and piece together sensors, front cover, and all of the accessories and brackets?
Old 05-20-2012, 06:56 PM
Staging Lane

Also should I use the truck Accessory brackets or LS type?

Quick Reply: Which one guys?