Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3 foxbody fuel filter placement

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 07:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.3 foxbody fuel filter placement

I put a 5.3 into my fox using truck intake manifold and fuel rails and ran the lines, then ended up switching to car intake manifold and fuel rails. I want to use my existing fuel lines if I can to save some money but in doing so the only place I can really place the corvette fuel filter is the fire wall. Is this ok or no?
I know it can be bad if there's a fire or something but wanted second opinions

Old 05-30-2012, 04:49 AM
On The Tree

Probably not a good idea. I have a LSX fox too. I mounted my Corvette filter right where the factory filter went, above the rear axle mounted to the front side of the trunk. Then from there just use the one feed line to send fuel to the rail. Thats if you have a returnless fuel rail.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:00 PM
Launching!

The 2 factory fuel lines run all the way to the passenger side shock tower where I used russel fittings.

I used these fittings and lines for the truck rails but now that I have a car manifold I'm trying to use what I already bought :-/ where else in the engine bay would be a proper place to mount this fuel filter? I need a good place in the engine bay, the firewall would be perfect but if it's a bad idea them idk....
Old 05-30-2012, 08:15 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The only thing that would worry my would be the rubber lines proximity to the headers. Aside from that, I don't think there is anything really wrong with what you've done. May not be the prettiest but it should function fine.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I mounted mine almost in the factory location and ran a #6 up the driver side to the rail. im sure i have pic on my build thread
Old 05-30-2012, 11:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If i understand it correctly, nothing fuel related can be mounted to the fire wall to be legal and run at the track.

Quick Reply: 5.3 foxbody fuel filter placement