Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

water temp sensor mech gauge

Old 05-29-2012, 11:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water temp sensor mech gauge

so ive been struggling in finding this stupid adapter to get my mechanical water temp gauge to work in this m11x1.5 thread hole in the side of the head. well i finally broke down and grew some *****. 1; brand new ls3 head 1; 7/16 drill bit 1; cordless dewalt drill 1; 1/4 npt tap. guess what i did worked like a charm and now i dont have to worry about finding these cheap *** conversion bungs that seem to keep breaking when you tighten them just enough you think it wont leak. ill post pics when i get my cord for the phone. i did this all while in the vehicle too. i might have gotten lucky but hell it worked! take it for what it is and all its worth but this was my best option.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:04 AM
TECH Resident

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Nothing to it really,I don't know why more guys just don't drill and tap the head before they put it in the vehicle,takes all of five minutes...
Old 05-30-2012, 12:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 3/8 npt adapter for my Stewart Warner mechanical gauge but that will require drilling the hole out to 9/16 before tapping. I didn't know there was an adapter made for 1/4 npt that will allow the thermal bulb to pass through. What is the part number? I was a little afraid of drilling out to 9/16 on a new head.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: water temp sensor mech gauge