Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vintage air pulley change

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 08:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vintage air pulley change

Anyone changed the pulley on a vintage air comp? My lsx swap into a 67 camaro was going well till i realized the compressor was 2 v groove. I contacted vintage and they said I'd have to buy a new compressor???? One would think a setup for a lsx swap would have a serpintine pulley. I paid extra for the ls brackets, guess the 6 groove wasnt part of it. anyone????
Old 06-07-2012, 02:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

They substituted a serpentine pulley compressor for me at no charge. Have you hoked it up yet?
Old 06-07-2012, 04:54 AM
Staging Lane

bolted to the engine, under the dash is complete. why would the guy on the phone tell me to buy a whole compressor.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Looking at their site, it appears that they use Sanden compressors. Call Sanden and get the correct pulley.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:44 PM
Staging Lane

thanx for the tips, I called them again today and got a different guy on the phone. he said it was the wrong compressor in the fist place for a lsx kit and said hed swap it out no prob. good people
Old 06-08-2012, 06:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One of the guys at vintage is a idiot.
I ordered a system told them exactly what I was doing he told me no problem. Got the stuff and the fittings would not even bolt on to the pump on the bench not a chance it was going to work in the car.
Figured out what I needed and called and asked to send the wrong fittings back in exchange for the correct ones. He told me I could not do that it was a kit and no subs could be made. Lol

He eventuly realized it was in his best interest to just swap them out. System works great don't have a complaints

Tim
Old 06-08-2012, 08:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Wow, I had a great experience with VA. They substituted the serpentine compressor, a trinary switch, and even refunded the price of the SBC compressor mount they took out of the kit.
Actually, my only complaint was their shipping charges were high on some small items. I ended up buying those at a local distributor.

Quick Reply: vintage air pulley change