Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got a few questions L92 related

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 06:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got a few questions L92 related

I was a regular over at Maliburacing.com for years as Bubuseventy8 and noticed alot of our guys on here. I've been lurking for awhile but I am ready to bow down to those with the knowledge I need.
Heres the deal I have a 07 L92 and I'm to the point I need to wrap up the build. I got it as a Long block and I have basically started from that point. I have the complete front corvette accessory drive power steering/alternator and all that to use and am using the camaro LS3 intake, throttle body, fuel rails, and injectors. C6 DBW pedal. LS1 coil packs w MSD wires. I have the discontinued Edelbrock Victor longtubes 1 3/4- 1 7/8 w/ 3.5 in collectors w/ EGR blocked off. I have the CTS-V oil pan and its associated parts currently installed. also have an 09 Corvette E38 ECM. Also have f-body fans for this build.

I tore it down and cleaned it all up replaced all the lifters with LS7 lifters and trays. Bought the factory head bolts before seeing that most people recommended the studs and used them and replaced the MLS gaskets w factory l92 gaskets.

It should be going in my 78 malibu but a few months ago the car got hailed on badly and I would like to still use it but thats not definitive. Thats the preface to my questions. Here we go...

I have the DoD setup in the valley. I can't find the page for the blockoffs for them and wanted to know what valley cover is best? Also has a new L92 oil pump but I have noticed a few threads recommending against that.

I have a factory LS3 camaro harness for a SS w TR6060 and either am going to have to get the harness converted to standalone or am gonna sell it and get a Psi harness and get them to tune my E38
thoughts/recommendations?

I have not replaced the valve springs or any other internal components other than the LS7 lifters and trays.

I have not bought mounts yet but was gonna go with the Spohns

I plan on the Grand National Fuel tank and the corvette regulator and walbro pump for fuel.

I don't plan on going crazy with this and plan to upgrade more after the motor is in the car.

I hope to get a T56 in the coming year but am probably just gonna put my th350 behind it for the time being. I know I need to set it back an inch to keep the trans lined up in the factory position. I have a 5.3 flexplate and am getting the adapter.

So guys, where am I going wrong here and what are the things I need to do before putting this thing in the car. I know opinions are varied
I know this is a long post asking an assortment of questions. My father agreed to help redo all the body work on my malibu if I got this running in the car so its kinda lit the fire under my *** per se. The car was originally build by me my father and my grandfather for my high school graduation and I'm ready to make it something a lil more potent and get it back going again. Thanks in Advance
-Collin
Old 06-08-2012, 07:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Are you keeping the VVT or swapping cams?

The ls3 valley cover should work, but consider tapping&plugging the DOD oil feeds even with the oring cover.

Oil pump will depend on VVT or not.

Tuning will still need to be done for VSS, fans, tach, etc. depending on your final setup.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:34 AM
Teching In

I would like to keep the VET and am sticking with the factory cam. I can't find the link for the DoD plugs. I don't know of anyone near Nashville that can tune this on the dyno but was gonna use psi for the ecm tune. I don't mind running a MAD it its the easiest thing to do.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:35 AM
Teching In

VVT and MAF.. thank you auto correct...
Old 06-11-2012, 12:18 PM
On The Tree

I have heard mixed reviews about Karma in Nashville. They have a GMC Sonoma that they built and tuned for land speed competition and set a new record in their class with last year. It is some kind of built Gen III motor.

As far as plugs go, that is definitely something I could tackle if you are not up to it. Also, I am pretty positive I could strip down the harness for you. That's easy work when you have the schematics and pinouts at your disposal.

Still digging into which pump you should use. I will keep you posted if I find anything.

James
Old 06-11-2012, 08:29 PM
Teching In

havent even heard of Karma... and if only we could get you to the house to look at all this. I'm not gonna find you another motor James.. may find one for the red truck though
hopefully some more people will chime in here
Old 06-11-2012, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I've gone by karma a couple times to talk to them and they seem like decent guys, they aren't LS-specific by any means though. There is a guy in Smyrna that mostly does vettes, I think it's called Performance garage or something like that. It's on whatever road is perpindicular to Sam Ridley at the bowling alley, like you're going to square d. That's where I'm going to go to have mine dyno tuned in the next month or so.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you on tnfbody.com
Old 06-12-2012, 07:35 AM
On The Tree

I totally forgot about the performance garage. Duh. They are like 5 minutes from my house. They have done lsx swaps in FD RX7s before.

James
Old 06-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Teching In

I am registered on tnfbody but haven't been on it in awhile
Old 06-12-2012, 09:35 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I may have missed it, but what cam are you putting in the engine? VVT is no problem with our harness.

Jon
PSI

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 06-13-2012, 07:59 AM
On The Tree

I believe he is still using the factory L92 cam. Not positive though. He has been collecting parts for a while and it is hard to keep up with everything he has.

James
Old 06-13-2012, 11:22 AM
Teching In

Jon I actually spoke with you last week on the phone. It still has the factory cam for the near future
Old 06-13-2012, 11:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

On the Engine mount location to meet the TH350 without moving the Trans, Yes 1" setback is what is needed to keep the trans in it stock location and drive shaft.

Seem your in good hands on handling the VVT and Cam stuff. Jon of PSI should be able to handle your wiring and start up tuning for ya..

keep us updated !

BC

Quick Reply: got a few questions L92 related