Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

carbd ls to efi conversion

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 03:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default carbd ls to efi conversion

Currently running carbd 5.3, considering going efi w/ls6 intake etc. what all do i need besides the fuel system parts to convert. I know i could get a fast system, which i like but they are like 2100 for all of the stuff. I've got milled 243s that have been cleaned up and a patg spec'd cam. 218/222 .595/.598 lift.
Attached Thumbnails carbd ls to efi conversion-camaro-ls-pics-008.jpg  
Old 06-19-2012, 09:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would be tempted to buy a blown up motor and pull all the EFI stuff off of that. You will need pretty much everything except you can reuse the cam and crank sensors. Thus besides a high pressure pump and maybe sumped tank, you will need a regulator, intake, injectors, fuel rails, throttle body, MAF, O2 sensors, install O2 sensor bungs, harness, computer, MAP sensor and some type of air filter assembly. Plus a tune.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:00 AM
Launching!

Probably just buy another complete motor and sell this one. I know where I cam get a ls1/t56 combo w low miles complete w harness and computer.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:38 AM
TECH Junkie

That sure is a super clean looking set up. If you don't mind my asking why are you switching to EFI?
Old 06-21-2012, 02:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Pop N Wood
That sure is a super clean looking set up. If you don't mind my asking why are you switching to EFI?
I am pondering now, I want to go t56 and i've found one complete with a ls1 attached to it for not much more than just the tranny. My setup runs good but it stinks up the garage everytime i start it and just want to try something different too. I can cam it and put my 243s on it and then sell my existing setup and probably come out decent when its all said and done.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:17 PM
TECH Junkie

If you get a complete LS1 with the computer and harness then you are just basically starting over. The changes to the car itself should be minimal. A high pressure fuel pump, regulator and some type of sump or surge can. Will need to route a new air filter set up.

The EFI harness is pretty much stand alone. It only hooks to engine sensors and needs little more than power and grounds from the car. You might want to add a check engine light someplace visible.

If your existing trans has a speedo gear than you may need a solution for the t56 VSS. Aside from that I would imagine whatever you did to get the gauges to work with the 5.3 will carry over to the EFI LS.

Motor mounts and exhaust should bolt up, will need to add the O2 bungs but that is trivial. Any trans mount and driveshaft mods will happen whether you stay carb'd or not.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:50 PM
Staging Lane

Yea you need a ton of little parts that add up fast. But there is no doubt about it. It will have a better idle and drive ability with efi
Old 06-21-2012, 08:36 PM
On The Tree

if its carbed now why waste time trying to put together an intake and all the rest of the extras if your just looking for better running manners and cold starts why not do a system like this.
Amazon Amazon
and save a fewbucks at the same time no need to find a tune or ecm or harness its all included and keep that carbed cool look.

Quick Reply: carbd ls to efi conversion