Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i have been driving around with no mech/digital water tempature sensor

Old 06-21-2012, 08:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i have been driving around with no mech/digital water tempature sensor

i have a mechanical sensor which i could install - what would be some nice and easy locations to do so? i dont want to put it in my upper radiator hose because i already have a coupler in the middle(my "factory" upper radiator hose is a different size than the top outlet on the lq4) and my water pump has already been tapped for the steam line. could i get a reading from my heater hoses? since i wont be needing them/they are closed off from the heater core(looped to each other) right now

also is it possible to tap into my factory digital water tempature sensor? and get a digital temp reading?

Last edited by SIKHS 5; 06-21-2012 at 08:24 PM.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:48 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We will typically run them in the passenger cylinder head (remove the plug, and find an adapter or tap for correct thread). If its too tight there, we have seen people put it in another spot on the water pump, or you could source a T-fitting that will allow you to run both sensors off that same provision on the drivers side.
POWERBOND - ASP - PRECISION INDUSTRIES - YANK - CIRCLE D - AND MORE!
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900
Old 06-22-2012, 05:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Drivers side block plug above the filter. 1/2" NPT. Another option, a 98 firebird temp sensor has an analog gauge output as well as the ecu output.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:57 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by garys 68
Drivers side block plug above the filter. 1/2" NPT. Another option, a 98 firebird temp sensor has an analog gauge output as well as the ecu output.
I have not seen this done before, but its excellent to have extra options for these swaps!
POWERBOND - ASP - PRECISION INDUSTRIES - YANK - CIRCLE D - AND MORE!
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: i have been driving around with no mech/digital water tempature sensor