Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gas pedal with dbc, anyone made their pedal assembly?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 06:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Gas pedal with dbc, anyone made their pedal assembly?

I'm thinking of making my own dbc gas pedal. I've already installed a set of C5 Corvette clutch and brake pedals in my Studebaker Avanti.

On the C5, the gas pedal looks nothing like the clutch and brake. I purchased an extra brake pedal, and have roughed out a gas pedal that now matches the others. It will hinge about 1 1/2 inches from the bottom at the floor.

I'm thinking about installing another throttle linkage cam, a duplicate of the one on the LS1 throttle body, mounted backwards on the gas pedal pivot shaft. Has anyone else done this, and were you happy with how it worked. This would allow the cable to enter near parallel with the floor.

Or did you just mount a straight arm to the back of the pedal?

Any photos of your work?
Old 06-29-2012, 05:20 PM
On The Tree

ttt, would like to see photos of other's work on fabricating a gas pedal.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:41 PM
TECH Resident

I am going to have to do this eventually, as whoever owned the car before I did just bolted any old random pedal to the firewall.

A car's gas pedal is supposed to sit a little lower than the brake pedal, I presume to keep one from slamming on the gas when slamming on the brakes. Right now mine is far too low, and my foot catches on it every time I move from gas to brake.

I don't think I am going to do anything as complicated as you want to try. I am just going to either buy one if the adjustable billet pedals off ebay, or modify the hinged section so that the pedal operates properly

How about posting a sketch of what you have in mind? Maybe your idea is better than what I am thinking.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used the vette pedal and welded it up. The sensor and tac module were from a silverado, but the sensors are the same size and shape. I made a backing plate and welded that to the pedal after I cut the end off and welded it so it was in about the same location as my stock pedal.

Old 07-01-2012, 05:59 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mines DBW from GTO but concept is the same I guess...

I bent some flat stock into a curve, welded that then added a filler piece for strength and looks. Haven't painted it yet.

Joe
Attached Thumbnails Gas pedal with dbc, anyone made their pedal assembly?-dbw-pedal-mod1.jpg   Gas pedal with dbc, anyone made their pedal assembly?-dbw-pedal-mod2.jpg   Gas pedal with dbc, anyone made their pedal assembly?-dbw-pedal-mod-complete.jpg  
Old 07-01-2012, 07:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 96 Likes on 67 Posts

Easier just to use a gm compact g6 or Malibu pedal. Just double check pinout. No fab work necessary.

Quick Reply: Gas pedal with dbc, anyone made their pedal assembly?