Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

94 firebird v6-lsx swap project

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 09:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 94 firebird v6-lsx swap project

Well I had bought a 94 firebird for my latest lsx swap, my 86 iroc project wasnt really working out for me so I figure it was time to get into a new f-body. I have the car paid in full was suppost to pick it up yestruday but the wife went into labour and we had our 2nd daughter lastnight, so ill be picking the car up tomorrow. Little back ground on the car, its a fully load firebird hardtop car, it was a v6 car but the guy had spun a rod bearing so he pulled the motor for a ltx swap. Car comes with everything to drop the motor into place even a k member and frt suspension. Ill be selling for thr motor and transmission along with the lt1 pcm and wiring harness to get some funds for the lsx swap, im hunting done a ls k memeber to make the swap a little easyer from what i have been reading, also I have holley swap pan on its way from when i ordered it for my iroc swap so ill see how that gose if not than ill sell it off for a f-body pan, the. Car is all complete just needs a drive train swap.
The plan:
5.3 stock with ls1 cam and intake
4l60e
Ls1 brake swap frt and rear
Building another lsx engine harness for the firebird

Keeping it simple for the time being while I slow build my spare 5.3 still havent picked what i wanna do if i jus wanna bore it out to a 5.7 or stroke it. Ill get some. Pics up of the car when im back home
Old 07-12-2012, 09:19 PM
On The Tree

well I finially picked up my firebird the other day and I happy to have it home, only crappy thing is I dont have my garage yet which Im still waiting on my bank for the loan to build one so in the mean time Ill be getting a car shelter to work on the car until my garage is built. Here are some pics of the car.

the Lt1 motor is what came with the car the guy was goin to swap into the car but last intrest in the car, the day I brought the car home I posted the motor and trans up for sale and I have a deposit for the motor already which as soon as the motor is gone I can order a k-memeber for my swap. I also Been thinking of reusing the older 4l60e that was on the lt1 motor for my 5.3 swap I have the spacer for the flex plate just wondering If the ls1 pcm can run the 94 4l60e?
Old 07-28-2012, 12:05 PM
On The Tree

I started to look more into the wiring for the lsx swap, Kinda makes it hard when you get a car with the motor already pulled out and trying to find what connector dose what and gose where, but after a few mins looking up connector views I found the connectors Im needing to do the swap, My only thing is Im using a truck harness for my swap which i have already cleaned up all the wires i wont be needing now just to connect the ones to the car harness, I had a question about my fuel system. I have an aftermarket fuel rail which I can have a feed line or feed line and return line hook up. And I know the car has both already on the tank, Can I run my fuel system like that or would I need to but a regulator on the fuel rail?
Old 07-29-2012, 07:22 PM
TECH Resident

You will need to add a regulator
Old 09-26-2012, 07:02 AM
On The Tree

well I had sold off all the lsx parts I had for this swap, and Im goin to swap In the lt1 that came with the car, the guy who was goin to buy the motor backed out but said to keep the deposit He had put on the motor, which was nice of him cause I had already bought parts with that deposit anyways lol But Ill be making a build thread over in the Lt1 section.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:16 AM
TECH Regular

Ey! I was waiting for this build thread to start =)
Good luck man! and I will be subbing this thread. Love the green!
Also, congratulations on your newborn!!!!

Does this mean that you aren't going to be posting in this section?
If so link me please.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:10 AM
On The Tree

Thanks man, yea i tryed making a new thread in the lt1 section but stupid computer kept acting up so i couldnt get my pics up or even save the start of the tread but once i get it goin ill post a link here and im sig once i have it started.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:56 PM
On The Tree

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...d-rebuild.html

here is the link to the new build thread.

Quick Reply: 94 firebird v6-lsx swap project