Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

water/alt.

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 08:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default water/alt.

I have searched a little, with no luck. I see everything from spacers, to $200 brackets.etc....there has to be a basic way to do this. I hate to just ask for the answers but, I am finally ready to buy some more parts. I have no idea what to buy. I have 5.3 trailblazer engine. Going to use Camero intake and cable type Throttle body. I only need to run a basic 1 wire alternator and spin the water pump. I know i need to change pump to clear throttle body linkage. This is in an early Vega, I think I sholud be fine on hose routing and radiator room. Is there a cheap, super simple way to accomplish this?
Any and Alll details appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your help
Darrell
Old 07-05-2012, 07:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Cheapest way is to take what you have and make an alternator bracket that mounts whatever you have. Must be half a million ways to do that. You don't need to use a GM alternator either. All you need to do is find the proper pulley to match the LS crank and WP. Here I mounted a Denso alternator from a 91 Celica with a pulley from a mid 90 supra. Used the stock vette tensioner. Belts come in all different lengths, most part stores will let you return them so grab a bunch that are about the length you think will work and return the rest.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats what i was looking for. I know i will have fab some brackets, was thinking just an old school GM 1 wire alt.
Thanks for pic.
Darrell