Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3 wiring questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 08:16 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 5.3 wiring questions

I've re-wired a 2000 5.3 harness using the LT1swap site as a guide. For the most part it is complete but I have a few remaining questions:

C100
Pink wire(Can I remove this wire?....looks like this one connects to F2 in the C2 connector, so as long as F2 has power I should be good...right?)

Tan White wire- Is the oil pressure sensor needed, and if so where do I route the wire?

Brown wire - this goes to a connector that I am not familiar with.

Blue Connector
Pin 33 TCC Brake switch - Does the ecm use the brake signal for anything aside from torque converter lockup....Do I need it considering I will be running a th350?

Pin 34 PRND Input - I assume that this wire can receive a signal from a neutral safety switch on an aftermarket shifter.

Red Connector
I assume that I will use pin 21 for the VSS input for a th350. How is pin 20 (vss reference low) used?.....is it an external connection that I need to make? Also the vehicle has a vss for converter lock-up (86 monte carlo), can the computer use this signal or will I need to buy the dakota digital unit?

C2
F10 Starter Relay Feed - Where does this one go?

F11 Neutral Safety Switch - I assume not needed with th350?
Old 07-07-2012, 01:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oil pressure wire can be removed if you wish.

I was told to keep the brake input, I run a TKO600. You may want to keep it so the PCM knows when you're slowing down.

If the brown wire goes to a round plug, I think its part of the transmission/4wd system and can be removed.

Not sure on the rest. Its been about a year and a half since I did my harness.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any other input?

Quick Reply: 5.3 wiring questions