Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New LS1 compressor with G-body/Regal Evap/Dryer/system w.modified lines?

Old 07-26-2012, 10:02 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New LS1 compressor with G-body/Regal Evap/Dryer/system w.modified lines?

Has anyone used a new LS1 compressor and merged the system with the evap, condenser, wiring harness of a Regal Turbo A/C system?

I just converted my Regal to R134A and learned enough about A/C systems to be an expert but.... I don't know if the A/C compressor that comes on a 5.3 Truck motor, assuming modified lines (easy part) would work effectively with the factory evap, accumulator, expansion valve, condenser system. Honestly I can't think about why it wouldn't work with a little bit of fabrication and the correct harness modifications.

Thoughts from those who know!?
Old 07-26-2012, 10:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I did this with my Chevelle. Used the LS1 compressor, had the line/hoses modified to mate up with the compressor, Evaporator and condensor/dryer. Using the Chevelle controls.
My issue is that I am using an F-Body Compressor which is a Variable Displacement one.. so.. basically, I have nothing to cycle it to a full 100%.. so.. I go around with 60% of capacity. Works ok. Blow about 47 degress on with constant car movement. Just not very good in bumper to bumper slow traffic.

some have said that a better condensor would help, also getting a non-variable compressor too.

I am no expert on the AC System, just know enough to charge the system and put things together.

BC
Old 07-26-2012, 11:53 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This would solve my problem if it worked with my R4 style compressor..the other option would be to change compressors or mount it high..but then I'm not sure where the turbo goes?

http://www.alangrovecomponents.com/LS.htm

Lower Left option!

Last edited by jeffstar; 07-26-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You mean lower passenger side ? (which is the Right side of the engine). looks like they make a good bracket setup. Price are not too bad for the setups..

BC

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New LS1 compressor with G-body/Regal Evap/Dryer/system w.modified lines?