Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Start an exhaust manifold sticky?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 12:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Start an exhaust manifold sticky?

So I was looking at my LM4 out of an Envoy sitting on the engine stand with the factory ex manifolds on it and thought they hugged the block pretty well, both dumping near the bell housing flange pretty close to the block. I also have a set of C5 Vette manifolds I'm hoping will fit my 52 Chevy. I was thinking I should take some pics of the engine with the manifolds, and maybe measure how far away from the block they stuck out at the inlet before I switched manifolds. Then could do the same with the Vette manifolds. If a bunch of guys did this with the different manifolds out there it might help others trying to figure out what would work for their combo. Any input? Already been done somewhere?
Jim
Old 10-05-2012, 01:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There is a post on here somewhere with pics of all the available stock manifolds together. I can't remember if there were measurements included. I have no idea how to find it though....the search tool on this site is pretty worthless
Old 10-05-2012, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pics and measurements don't always help. I think having them available helps more because not every swap lands the engine in the same place as someone else has done. Some say this works on their car and other say it didn't fit. Same year car different owners.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

well, I know C5 Corvette manifolds won't fit in a 2nd Gen FBody. Not even close. thankfully, I only wasted $40 to find out.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...asurments.html

Quick Reply: Start an exhaust manifold sticky?