Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

transmission help

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 01:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmission help

hey everyone im kinda new to this whole ls thing but i figured i would try it out. I have an 88 chevy 2500 i would like to put a 6.0 in but im having trouble finding stuff out. I plan to get a junk yard engine and harness but the problems in the transmission the truck has a new venture gear 4500 and a 241c transfer case but i dont know what i need for a clutch setup or how i will get a vehicle speed signal with this combo. I also have a 4l80 out of a 1998 chevy but i didnt know if that was the same as the newer ones and i dont want to have a computer nightmare. Well any help on this subject would be awesome thanks!
Old 08-02-2012, 01:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have a manual trans mission you might not need a vehicle speed sensor..unless you want to use newer instrument cluster Like I did in my Ram

Your 1998 4l80e might work...as long as your doner harness has the auto pigtail..With that setup you might only need a crankshaft spacer for the converter to fit properly.

If you do need a special speed sensor PATC has an inline one that adapts cable drive to VSS signal...problem is its a slow signal so it needs to be tuned in the computer to read a slower signal for accurate speeds.