Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which coil relocation brackets/wires are you using?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 02:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which coil relocation brackets/wires are you using?

I cannot decide what brackets/wires much less what will work with a LS2/T56 in a C3 (1968) Corvette. Just not sure how much room I have behind the engine. I do know I what them hidden, not moved to the top of the valve covers.

Show me what are running.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone hide their coils?
Old 09-04-2012, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I left them on top of my covers and used MSD cut to lenth wires to route around turbos and manifolds. I did buy a killer fabbed aluminum coil cover that looks like a BBC valve cover. I never put them on, woulda had to hack them up to clear wastegates. I paid $130 for them. I'll sell them cheap if you are interested.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:11 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Big Block Stingray
I cannot decide what brackets/wires much less what will work with a LS2/T56 in a C3 (1968) Corvette. Just not sure how much room I have behind the engine. I do know I what them hidden, not moved to the top of the valve covers.

Show me what are running.
mine are not hidden...just relocated. I plan on moving shaker to intake..so the coils should be hidden a bit...

http://transamcountry.com/community/...3524#msg463524

Leon
Old 09-04-2012, 01:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Some have moved them to the Engine Mounting plate area/location or on the Front Crossmemeber area as well..

I have seen some mount both on the rear of the Heads as well as on the front of the heads.

But I would just suggest you mod up a set of coils and see where they fit on your C3. I was trying to move my coils on my Nova project, but just didn't really like any of the locations that I tried to put them.. If I could fit the coil pack on one side, it would not work on the other side, but that was just my thinking and liking of where they could and where they would fit.

I couldn't mount them on between the head and firewall.. as I moved the engine as far back as I could for weight distribution reasons.

Could you mount them behind the front wheel well, I think there is room on a C3 for that IIRC ??

BC

Quick Reply: Which coil relocation brackets/wires are you using?