Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

240sx 76mm 5.3L TH350 E85 "Pics & Vids"

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 08:57 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 240sx 76mm 5.3L TH350 E85 "Pics & Vids"

Whats up fellas, this my build thats been going on for a while now I figure I make a thread of it already.

Originally I was Ka-t making 418whp on 15 psi 61mm turbo which was not bad at all keep in mind it was stock longblock, I had fully built components ready to go in cams, pistons, rods, etc.

However my deal old friend said quit the bulls**t and run bigboy status, put a LS1 in your car. My response "im faster then a STOCK LS1" his response fine ricer put a turbo on it.

2 days later he donated my a LS1 longblock, from there I started:

Long story short I moved from FL to MD where I knew NO ONE. So I was solo at this point which made process real slow BUT I got it done 4-5 months later.

setup was:

Stock LS1 Gen3 33k miles
317 heads
GM MLS
ARP Head studs
Comp 918 valve springs
stock cam
stock intake
ATI dampner Crank Pulley
No PS or A/C
custon 3" intercooler and piping
truck manfolds
Lucas 120lb Injectors
E85 w/ Aeromotive 340 stealth FP
Megan FPR
Aftermarket Fuel rails
GM 3 Bar MAP
HP Tuners
Built JW TH350 (reverse mvb)
JW loose 4500 stall
Full Q45 rear end (3.54 Final Gear)
Hurst Shifter

Im sure theres some other stuff I cant remember of the top of my head.

got it running on 4 psi.

on 4 psi after 5800 rpm I would get valve float.

Fast forward life 3 months later lifter took a ****, thought it was a rod knock.

teardown,

little one

then I decided to go Iron block after being on for ages and ls1tech.

so she finally came,

Got all running then a alternator bracket bolt appeared in cyl. 1 intake valve and smash broke the piston and skirt along with bending the valve. sighhhh

At this point I was losing hope. but it was my mistake so I continued and gave it one last shot. this time I changed it up.

5.3l block
317 heads (cleaned, valves re-seated)
Lunati .660 lift gold spring kit
comp cam chromoly pushrods 7.400"
LS7 lifters
comp cam 235/239 .621/.624 114+4 LSA

button it all up together

oo also I changed the wastegate spring to 16 psi. lol

DONE!

Still have to fine out the tune has some lean areas under part throttle mainly going uphill. I did one pull in 2nd gear and WTF it was retarded and unexpected, the cam is amazing.

datalog showed 16 psi at 24 degrees of timing at 12.1 AFR and no sign of any knock. I added fuel to 11.0 AFR and dumbed the timing to 19* just to be safe because I found a boost leak and fixed but havent driven the car since that.

More vids and pics to come. Enjoy! Let me know what you guys think?
Old 09-06-2012, 11:41 AM
Staging Lane

how is the turbo 350? is it streetable with the rear gear you have? i have a 5.3 minus the turbo, considered a turbo 350.. lol
Old 09-06-2012, 12:30 PM
Launching!

Driving is awesome I love how fast it shifts and grabs, it was on a loose stall now its on a tight stall. Highway was bad i couldnt keep up with traffic unless I was at 3500 rpm.

heres the formula I used

for cruising, Speed x 336 / Tire dia. x Final gear ratio = RPM

for tight stall wot, Speed x 355 / Tire dia. x Final gear ratio = RPM

for loose stal wot, Speed x 360 / Tire dia. x Final gear ratio = RPM

I have a pathfinder diff. which im going to swap in and it will drop my final gear from 3.54 to 3.13.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:17 PM
Staging Lane

thats kool man. i cant wait to finish mine im using a borg warner 4 speed, i may/ probably will have the same problem.im thinking about using 350z rear and axles to lower my rear gear
Old 09-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Launching!

What kinda both Warner 4 speed? How much power can it handle?
Old 12-14-2012, 02:02 AM
Teching In

You are f**kin crazy....AND I LOVE IT! Lmao I wanna go for a ride that **** looks like you wouldn't be able to tap the dash from launch to fourth. Sorry tap the dash is a game my uncle and I would play after building his el camino and my camaro. Passenger has to try and tap the dash where it meets the window during launch and so on while being pushed back into their seats from the torque. It's loads of fun give it a try. Lol
Old 12-18-2012, 10:16 AM
Staging Lane

sorry for the late response lol. but its a regular t 10, date code says from a 62 corvette. i wish i had the coin for a super t 10. and im not sure what the actual hp rating is but it handles my my cammed 5.3 with no issues. only problem im having is shifting, at first it was my shift linkage, but now somthing else is going on. it will not shift at high rpms with the tires spinning, so still gota figure that out.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:01 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by vanfossenkelly
You are f**kin crazy....AND I LOVE IT! Lmao I wanna go for a ride that **** looks like you wouldn't be able to tap the dash from launch to fourth. Sorry tap the dash is a game my uncle and I would play after building his el camino and my camaro. Passenger has to try and tap the dash where it meets the window during launch and so on while being pushed back into their seats from the torque. It's loads of fun give it a try. Lol
I've played this game before in my friend lq9 sprayed buick regal cept it was with a $100 taped to the dash if I can grab it before 1st finishes I get it. before take off I was like then this happend followed by lol

Originally Posted by speedfreak90
sorry for the late response lol. but its a regular t 10, date code says from a 62 corvette. i wish i had the coin for a super t 10. and im not sure what the actual hp rating is but it handles my my cammed 5.3 with no issues. only problem im having is shifting, at first it was my shift linkage, but now somthing else is going on. it will not shift at high rpms with the tires spinning, so still gota figure that out.
Most likely your master cylinder isnt strong enough. look into tick adjustable master or wilwood master.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:02 AM
Launching!

Guys check out my updated thread. https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...twin-76mm.html

Quick Reply: 240sx 76mm 5.3L TH350 E85 "Pics & Vids"