Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trying to figure out best cam/stall options for foxbody

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 11:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to figure out best cam/stall options for foxbody

1988 foxbody 2005 5.3 with ls1 intake manifold/rails/injectors.
Stock converter and stock 4L60E
Using 2010 camaro exhaust manifold-2.5" piping with x pipe and flow masters.

Only mods is a short ram intake. Dnyo'd 302 to the wheel.

The car is a daily driver and race on the weekends, sees the track every once In a while. I don't usually go on long cruises but I'd like to be able to go on 2-3 hour cruises each way if need be.

First thing I'm doing is having a transgo-hd2 shift kit.
I'd like to buy a stall but not sure how loose I wanna go still retaining drivability. Maybe 3k stall?

Then id like to find a cam that has good mid and top end. I figure is if it's got more ***** in the middle to top then on the lower end of the rpm range it would give me better mpg? I don't know if that's right or not but I'm sure someone will correct me.

Going to go with beehive springs/retainers push rods. Is there anything else that I might need to look into upgrading to handle the cam and more power? Maybe injectors? What pound injector would I need? Already have a walbro 255 in tank pump.

Also, there's a nos sniper kit installed but I have never sprayed because I want to get the shift kit installed first. 150 shot.

I don't know the weight of the car yet but I'll Weigh it one of these nights I'm out cruising around.

If theses anything else needed to know just ask, thanks guys
Old 09-12-2012, 12:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Id go with a tr220 or tr224 with a 3200 stall if you want something tame but still net good gains.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:57 PM
Launching!

Many people have chimed in but the majority things I should go with ms3 cam, supporting valve train. 3200-3500 (still debating) stall. Transgo hd2 shift kit

Already running 373 gears And have a nitrous kit installed for 150 shot.

Car made 302 hp on pump gas.

Car weighs lets say 3200 lbs. full tubular front end, drag coil in front, full length sub frame connectors and all rear end suspension parts upgraded.

Knowing these things what kind of power will it make and what kind of times down the 1/4 can be expected?

Full stock ran 13.5 and trapped 103 I was a ill disappointed but oh well
Old 10-01-2012, 11:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bakomack
Many people have chimed in but the majority things I should go with ms3 cam, supporting valve train. 3200-3500 (still debating) stall. Transgo hd2 shift kit

Already running 373 gears And have a nitrous kit installed for 150 shot.

Car made 302 hp on pump gas.

Car weighs lets say 3200 lbs. full tubular front end, drag coil in front, full length sub frame connectors and all rear end suspension parts upgraded.

Knowing these things what kind of power will it make and what kind of times down the 1/4 can be expected?

Full stock ran 13.5 and trapped 103 I was a ill disappointed but oh well
Ms3 will wake up the 5.3 on a 150shot for sure. Loved and miss mine. It ran strong up to 8100rpms on stock bottom end.

Quick Reply: Trying to figure out best cam/stall options for foxbody