Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM straight thermostat housing!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM straight thermostat housing!!!!

I found a GM thermostat housing that's almost straight and should work with my swap. No more having to find someone who can weld aluminum to modify the stock housing or paying $95 for the S&P one. I believe it's from an I6 Trailblazer. It's got the part # 12567750. It needs to be slightly midified to work, but it's nothing that you can't do in 5 minutes with a file and a cutoff wheel. One of the bolt holes needed to be slotted and the side of the part that that goes into the waterpump needs to filed down a little. You can see where I filed it down in the first pic. The last pic shows it in the car before I cut down the elbow part. I cut it on the black line that you can see in the picture.

Hopefully this helps some people out.

-Matt
Attached Thumbnails OEM straight thermostat housing!!!!-thermostat_housing.jpg   OEM straight thermostat housing!!!!-thermostat_housing1.jpg   OEM straight thermostat housing!!!!-thermostat_housing2.jpg   OEM straight thermostat housing!!!!-thermostat_housing3.jpg  
Old 04-11-2004, 03:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Very cool This will likely make my life a lot easier when I start my conversion!
Old 04-11-2004, 03:44 PM
Conversion master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's great. I cut mine then had to pay someone to weld it up. I might switch over the one you showed.
Old 04-11-2004, 06:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

I looked up that part number on GMPartsDirect and it didn't come up with anything. If someone has access to the dealership computer and can see if there's a new number, that would help out anyone who needs one.
Old 04-11-2004, 07:54 PM
Launchin It!

Scooter - just looked under the hood of my girlfriends trailblazer and that's not it. Not sure what you got. The I6 makes a 90 degree turn up out the side of the block.
Old 04-11-2004, 09:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok. We'll have to look up that number then. The guy who I got it from wasn't sure, but that's what he thought it was from. Guess not. I'll e-mail the number to my dealership parts guy and see what he can come up with.

Quick Reply: OEM straight thermostat housing!!!!