Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My turn. lq4/4l80 swap into a rcsb TRUCK!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 12:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My turn. lq4/4l80 swap into a rcsb TRUCK!

Hello everyone. I'm posting my build for my 2003 gmc 1500 sierra. Originally, a 5.3/4l60e truck. I spend most of my time posting on performancetrucks.net, but spend an equal amount of time creeping over here on tech. Although this is a simple swap, I have a few reason for posting over here on tech. Reasons: 1.) I spend so much time here, I figured a build thread would also double as a good introduction. 2.) I want to step outside being "inside the box" and post over here. I do love performancetrucks.net, but I get tired of the typical, "tr220 and circle d 3200" threads. Although these are great products, I want to expand my knowledge, step outside the bandwagon, and I think this is just the place to do it. 3.) I also have a 68 fbody that is a father son project that I plan on swapping my original 5.3/4l60e in after I finish this swap. Not planning on a hotrod, just a good driver. I will come back to this later in this post. 4.) Tech guys know how to go fast with a lsx, which will benefit me in the future when I want to mod the lq4 more deeply.

On to the thread!...............

I found a lead on a wrecked 2000 2500 at a local junkyard. Hustled around, did some trading, and got into this thing for about $500. Although, I didn't know anything at all about the truck, I thought I might try the gamble. I had a thread previously about the truck.

Donor Truck:

Did some searching around in the truck and found this:

Also in the warranty book, I found it filled out to be from our local telephone company.

Did some more digging around in the glove box, and found a service ticket that was signed to someone that my dad ended up knowing. Gave the guy a call to find some information on the truck: The local telephone company bought the truck new. The person we called was the sole driver of the truck. He said, "We sold the truck because of it being a 2wd, and the new owner wrecked the truck shortly afterwords."

So hopefully, this will end up being a good gamble. Before I went throught with the trade, I checked all the fluids and made sure the motor turned over. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that it turns out to be a good motor. Here's some pics of my truck as it currently sits, waiting for the swap.

68 camaro that I plan on swapping my original 5.3/4l60 into at some point:

Quick Reply: My turn. lq4/4l80 swap into a rcsb TRUCK!