Notices
Conversions & Hybrids LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'72 Cutlass LS2/6l80E swap

Old 10-08-2017, 01:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you going to wrap the crossover pipe at some point?
Old 10-09-2017, 12:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by freddy b View Post
Great build, your build is why I started to attempt this myself. I'm just starting my build on a 71 Cutlass. I'm going back a forth with which trans to go with for my GEN IV, 4l80e or 6l80e. How much cutting did you have to do to get the 6l80e to fit?
Thank you much, glad my neverending build could help in getting the ball rolling on yours. Be sure to post your progress! If I had to do it all over again I'd probably go with a 4L80 since its cheaper and easier to build up if you're going to push big power. I went with the 6L80 kinda for the wow factor of a 6 speed. I'll be leaning on my tuner to make the trans live in stock form since I'd like to have someone upwards of 700 rwhp when I'm done. It's safer to build the trans to reliably hold that kinda power but that costs a small fortune. The entire case is bigger/taller so the entire tunnel was raised about 2". Another thing is the pan for the trans, it sits rather low. The truck pan is out of the question, the G8 pan is the shallowest but is the most prone to pickup issues. I'm using a 5th Gen pan but since the car wont be super low I'm hoping it wont be an issue.

Last edited by Chocolate Apocalypse; 10-09-2017 at 12:29 PM.
Old 10-09-2017, 12:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimbo1367 View Post
Are you going to wrap the crossover pipe at some point?
Yep, she's nowhere near running right now but I will as that gets closer to happening.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '72 Cutlass LS2/6l80E swap

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: