Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

54 Bel Air w/LS1 and 4L60e

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2018, 01:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Started a build thread. Will do one here too once I figure out a new picture hosting site.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=753856
Old 04-26-2020, 01:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What did you use for transmission shift linkage? And what did you use for your reverse light switch?
I have the ididit shift linkage but i do not think the OEM 4L60e reverse light switch will fit because of this.
Old 04-27-2020, 11:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WCRiot2
What did you use for transmission shift linkage? And what did you use for your reverse light switch?
I have the ididit shift linkage but i do not think the OEM 4L60e reverse light switch will fit because of this.
WC. I ended up using an f-body shifter for a center console. It has the module on the shifter for the lights and other. The linkage I used is a piece hollow aluminum tubing with heims on the ends. IIRC, I had to lengthen the part where the heim attaches.

I would like to use the factory shifter again in the future and take the f-body shifter out, I made a box from sheet metal and covered it with carpet; but its ugly. I believe a truck indicator switch will work, however if you use a f-body transmission you'll need a longer selector shaft from the transmission,

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: 54 Bel Air w/LS1 and 4L60e