Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 p/s pump to older steering box question

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 11:36 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls1 p/s pump to older steering box question

I have been serching here for a hose that I can hook up to the ls1 pump to the older style steering box.
I know I can buy expencive fitting and make a hose but thats more money /work/time and unwanted bling.
does anyone make a adaptor hose or adaptor fitting from either end to use either existing hose?
Old 01-19-2013, 11:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

The new hoses are metric O ring on each end. Old ones are SAE flared. Cut the metric O ring end off a new hose, take the flare fitting from your old hose, put it on the new hose, reflare the end. Works great, costs nothing.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:56 AM
Staging Lane

Great idea...besides my camaro hose is new.
I have a flairing tool but do not trust myself to do something with that kind of psi so I will find a shop to do it. thanks
Old 01-20-2013, 04:20 PM
Launching!

I don't know if the steering pump from the ls1 is different than the truck pump i used, but all i did was take the fitting out of the truck pump and swapped it with the fitting out of my 72ish pump. direct swap and then used original 72 nova line. May not be possible with your pump. not sure.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

Ls1 pump is completely different than a truck pump so that fitting wont interchange. I also used the F body hose and cut the end off and flared it then hooked the original hose to that. Been working great for years.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:58 AM
Staging Lane

I just made a set of brackets and put the Miata pump and hoses on the LS block. Didi the same for the Alt and idler bracket. Now I dont have to worry about flow rates or presure from the Mazda/GM cobbled thing happening. Now that you mention it, the metric fitting from the Miata might have just screwed into the GM pump, but hey...live and learn!

Quick Reply: ls1 p/s pump to older steering box question