Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who to buy a LT1 to LQ4 harness from?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 06:17 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Who to buy a LT1 to LQ4 harness from?

I have a 96 LT1 with T56. Doing a turbo LQ4 swap. I'd like to know who can build a custom harness that is just plug and play.

Also would like someone who can do it really "custom". I'd like for the ECM and relay box to be under the dash. Also I have removed and will not use many things like power steering, AC, any emissions (and only want the front o2's), and a lot of other stuff. I'll also not use a MAF and only tune in speed density.

And if possible I would like everything new and not have to send my harness in, but if I have to thats fine

So far I have found www.bp-automotive.com . what do you guys think of them?
Old 01-21-2013, 07:53 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Painless or Speartech are the first to come to mind. But if your lookin to save a buck theres alot of people on here who have done their own harness and can help you alot, hell maybe even merge the harnesses for you.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:06 AM
11 Second Club

Cool thanks a lot
Old 01-21-2013, 09:34 AM
Launching!

I just received my harness from BP Automotive. It is a 24x harness, which is pretty similar to what you are wanting to do. It's totally custom and looks better than factory.

I asked that he could make some of the cables longer so that I can put the LS1 PCM in my glove box/under the dash. The o2's are longer (no extensions needed). He just asked for my mods, my goals, and explained to me how the harness will need to be implemented and what I need to make it work.

He's very thorough and knows what he is talking about. I can post pics if you'd like.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:45 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PSI conversions is who I have been talking to. I guess they are about average on price, but they seem to know their stuff and quality seems nice from what I have seen.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:20 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want an idea of what my factory style harnesses look like and what this customer thought here is a thread for his 24x conversion harness. The harness you are wanting will be slightly different, but that is no issue at all to make. I made harner's how you are wanting yours.

I saw someone mentioned PSI. I know that they dont advertise making plug and play harnesses, but maybe they will make it if you call them.

The harnesses I make for these types of conversions will be plug and play and will utilize the factory fuse block and have the needed dash connectors. I can also integrate nitrous and/or electric water pump wiring if you want that also.

Here is the thread, and as you can see there is heat shielding on the harness like a factory harness and if applicable rosebud clamps in the factory location also.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...onversion.html

Standalone LS Swap Harnesses IN STOCK!
LSX, LTX Stand alone swap harnesses. S10 LSX conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses, 24x conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses. LT1 to LSX PLUG AND PLAY Harnesses.
sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491
Old 01-21-2013, 11:08 AM
11 Second Club

Thats perfect, just what I want. And the wait time is no problem. I have the web page book marked for sure and I'll be getting in contact soon.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:31 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

JC we have done quite a few 4th gens. We can tailor the harness to what you are looking for. Give us a call to discuss your specifics. Most harnesses are in stock and ready to ship. Thanks.

Jon
PSI
732-691-6531

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 01-22-2013, 08:43 AM
11 Second Club

Awesome, thanks

Quick Reply: Who to buy a LT1 to LQ4 harness from?