Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEed help on 1998 silverado ls1 swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 12:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEed help on 1998 silverado ls1 swap

hey so i am stuck on a problem that i have wit the ls1 swap im doing on a buddy of mines truck.so here it is everything is selt put the ls1 in with the harness and computer now im stuck where the transmission that my buddy brought me is a 4l60 off a 5.3 chevy truck well the situation is that i dont know what to do next and what addaptions i would have to do because the harness and motor came off of a automatice ls1 but the ls1s are shift cable with no nutrale switch would really need some help if anyone knows what i have to do thank you
Old 01-22-2013, 12:22 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could still wire everything in with the ls1 harness. But then the gear position indicator on the cluster will not work. Doing a swap on a vehicle as new as yours can cause some issues and is much more challenging than just a stand alone swap. Feel free to give me a call, I can help you make the proper decision. If your not in a huge hurry you can send me some of the components you have and I can make the setup completely plug and play for you.

Bill
270-805-1777

Standalone LS Swap Harnesses IN STOCK!
LSX, LTX Stand alone swap harnesses. S10 LSX conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses, 24x conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses. LT1 to LSX PLUG AND PLAY Harnesses.
sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491
Old 01-22-2013, 05:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

you can repin the current harness to use a 411 pcm then add the needed circuits (i.e. coil packs etc...)It might be a little more work to get everything figured out but would be a cleaner install in he end.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by oange ss
you can repin the current harness to use a 411 pcm then add the needed circuits (i.e. coil packs etc...)It might be a little more work to get everything figured out but would be a cleaner install in he end.
This is the way to do it,everything will work as it should-guages,gear indicator,cruise,etc.The 98's are very similiar to the NBS trucks when it comes to electrics,this is likely the easiest swap of them all.The guys that hang on LS1truck.com will set you straight.

Quick Reply: NEed help on 1998 silverado ls1 swap