Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Car Wiring Harness Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 11:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default New Car Wiring Harness Question

Got the headlights/marker lights and turn signals wired tonight. Doing the tail section tomorrow but I see with my EZ Wiring kit (21 circuit) there's an ALT power wire that is in the bundle that goes to the front of the car. I cut this off in the bundle, shrink tubed it, and taped it so it'd be nice and safe in the fender well on the driver's side of the ol' 67. I have a 00 cable going from my alternator all the way to the battery side of the cutoff switch in the trunk so when that sucker is off, all electronics (fuel pump, ecu, etc.) have zero voltage. Now... my EZ Wiring harness for the fuse block has a +12v wire about 10ga or so that I have tied to the battery junction (sealed) box on my firewall that is a 1ga to the trunk. This is all I need for power right and the alternator power line doesn't need to be hooked up for the system to operate correct?

What do you all think?
Old 02-12-2013, 06:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Alt wire

It needs to be hooked up, it brings power to the fuse box.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The wire that goes to the battery side of the start is the large gauge wire. Already answered my question as I got my lights and starter working yesterday! Thanks for the response!

Quick Reply: New Car Wiring Harness Question