Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 mustang gt 5.3/t56

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 03:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a pic I took oh the glove box and Ecu location. It's just sitting in there all stuffed in there lol
Old 03-30-2013, 12:52 PM
On The Tree

Got any pics and info on the clutch setup
Old 03-30-2013, 04:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 98LS1driver
Got any pics and info on the clutch setup
I do but they are on my other iPhone. Since my laptop crashed I lost em all until I can get a new computer and back them up. But all I did was where the factory harness went through the firewall on the drivers side. I cut the hold down lower and fitted a clutch master cylinder I had laying around and made a mount that sammiches the two to the firewall. The I welded on an 1in square stalk of metal I had laying around, welded that to the pedal and drilled a couple holes in it so I have a wide range of adjustment. It works pretty good now. I need to reveled the clutch again.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:58 PM
Launching!

Yah horrible iPhone vid of a random highway vid I did today going to my dads. Just a little 6th gear
Old 04-12-2013, 01:31 PM
Launching!

heres an updated picture of the bay. some people were asking me how much room i had around the firewall so i snapped a couple pics of the recent parts i put on.

heres i finaly got around and installed my upper and lower rad mounts. also got a air filter on it finaly.
lifters a ticking, gonna buy some ls7 ones, then buy some springs and pop them in the stock alum 853s
Old 04-12-2013, 09:30 PM
12 Second Club

Looks pretty nice in there
Old 04-13-2013, 07:30 PM
TECH Regular

Nice job. I think this time around I am going to run the heater hoses out through the fender and back in through the hole where the air filter used to sit just to clean it up a bit more. Did you get your aluminum heads on yet?
Old 04-13-2013, 08:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99MUSTANG5.3L
Nice job. I think this time around I am going to run the heater hoses out through the fender and back in through the hole where the air filter used to sit just to clean it up a bit more. Did you get your aluminum heads on yet?
Yeah the heater hoses are a pain in my *** right now, not what I was looking for. I might buy a couple 90's and put them on the heater core so I can run the lines close to the frame.
Here soon I'm buying ls7 lifters. Buy springs and slap the heads on. I would like to buy arp head studs but they are outta my budget right now. So we'll see
Old 05-14-2013, 05:11 PM
Launching!

Just a little update. Got the upper and lower rad lines made and painted. Installed the mustang ect sensor and I'm just waiting for a day to wire it up.

Also cleaned up the heater core lines and it looks so much better now.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:08 PM
TECH Regular

That looks better. I'm thinking about running some steel braided hoses for the heater. I am going for the clean and simple look, relocated coils, tucked wiring, smoothed engine bay. Trying to change things this time around that I skipped the first time.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:37 PM
Launching!

Yeah next on the list is relocate the coils to the frame. Or just outta the way.
My harness is already tucked. Fuse box hidden. Only thing I need to do is get rid of that huge abs plug.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:35 PM
Staging Lane

Looks good..I need to get some pics up of mine.. it won't let me do it for some reason
Old 05-14-2013, 10:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jlew0006
Looks good..I need to get some pics up of mine.. it won't let me do it for some reason
Nice are you still needing a pic of the Trans mount? Never got around and getting you one. Lazy and allergies are killing me
Old 05-15-2013, 04:11 PM
11 Second Club

What kind of mufflers you running? Trying to quiet my car down.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:29 PM
Staging Lane

No I'm good man I got it all in. No big deal
Old 05-15-2013, 10:49 PM
Staging Lane

looks good, I also saw this on hybrid. im dying to get my LSX swap underway.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by sabersaw30
What kind of mufflers you running? Trying to quiet my car down.
It's bassani x pipe. Magnaflo muffs. Dumped before the axle. It's too quiet. With the 4.6 it was a lot louder. Idk what happened lol
Originally Posted by jlew0006
No I'm good man I got it all in. No big deal
Oh ok
Originally Posted by matt99
looks good, I also saw this on hybrid. im dying to get my LSX swap underway.
Thanks man. Get it going.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:14 PM
Staging Lane

motors almost done being assembled, swap headers come in this week. I have all new speed hut gauges, k member and mounts, just got a hold of a T56. im going to be ordering some scott rod engine bay panels next week and a chase bays wire kit.im sure il do all braided lines with AN fittings as well, its just hard to find time between work family and house hunting. but it will get done. il start a thread when I have the motor back in my possession.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by matt99
motors almost done being assembled, swap headers come in this week. I have all new speed hut gauges, k member and mounts, just got a hold of a T56. im going to be ordering some scott rod engine bay panels next week and a chase bays wire kit.im sure il do all braided lines with AN fittings as well, its just hard to find time between work family and house hunting. but it will get done. il start a thread when I have the motor back in my possession.
Oh nice. I've looked up speedhut and they have nice stuff. I was looking one weekend and they must of had a sale going on cause I looked a month or so later and they where higher than they were.
I want/plan to do all custom gauges and all that but that's not in my budget. So basically nothing on my stock cluster works sept the volt and gas gauge.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:47 PM
Launching!

Many people have been asking me how I adapted hydraulic master cyl to my original cable type pedal. Well here it is.
There is a hole where the harness runs though the firewall. I just pulled the harness out. Re drilled a hole lower and ran the harness though that. Then I had to cut down lower that hole so I could lower the cmc so I would have enough throw on the pedal to engage/disengage the clutch. I then welded a 1/2in square stalk I had laying around. Drilled a couple holes for adjustability. Then I chopped the head off a grade 8 bolt and tightened two bolts against each other. I had a bolt on the end holding the fork on it but it must of fell off. Anyways I cut out a round piece of medal and I sandwiched the clutch master cyl again the firewall. The clutch master cylinder came with the clutch line since it was already out of a 240sx. So everything was there and fit fine.

Quick Reply: 99 mustang gt 5.3/t56