Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vac Lines for LS in '69 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 07:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vac Lines for LS in '69 Camaro

Getting close to wrapping up my swap, and need to figure out vacuum lines. I'm finding the following ports:

1. A fitting on the back of the LS1 intake that has two ports and a hole on the top. I know the big port goes to the power brake booster, and I've heard that the other is for something with the AC on the newer cars, so I'll cap that one. Not sure what the hole on the top of the fitting is for.

2. Grommet on the back of the drivers side valve cover. Does this get a PVC valve like on the old Chevy engines? If so, where does the line go?

3. Metal fitting on the top front of the passenger valve cover. Not sure where it goes.

4. Plastic port on the passenger side front of the intake, behind the throttle body. Not sure where it goes.

5. Brass port on the driver side front of the intake, behind the throttle body. Not sure where this goes.

I've seen some stock diagrams that show routing to evap cans, purge solenoids, etc., but I don't plan to use all that if it's not needed. I got the LS1 manifold from Craiglist, so I don't have the stock hoses to use as a reference, and the stock truck manifold seems to have a different layout.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:04 AM
Staging Lane

123 views, and no one has any info? Bummer....
Old 03-07-2013, 08:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Install a PVC valve into the rear of the driver side cover and run a 3/8 hose to the brass nipple on the front of the intake. This port was originally part of the evap system. Run a 3/8 hose from the passenger side metal nipple to the plastic nipple on the front of the intake. Just cap any other nipples you don't need.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:44 AM
Staging Lane

10-4. Thanks for the info.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BobKovacs
1. A fitting on the back of the LS1 intake that has two ports and a hole on the top. I know the big port goes to the power brake booster, and I've heard that the other is for something with the AC on the newer cars, so I'll cap that one. Not sure what the hole on the top of the fitting is for.

2. Grommet on the back of the drivers side valve cover. Does this get a PVC valve like on the old Chevy engines? If so, where does the line go?

3. Metal fitting on the top front of the passenger valve cover. Not sure where it goes.

4. Plastic port on the passenger side front of the intake, behind the throttle body. Not sure where it goes.

5. Brass port on the driver side front of the intake, behind the throttle body. Not sure where this goes.
#1- for HVAC and other Vacumn related accessories.

#2 - No..the LS1 used a single PCV Valve up front just before going into the manifold port.

#3 - That is the Fresh Air port, it connects to the metal port on the TB.

#4 - Port for the PCV System/hoses. From the Drive and Passenger side rear ports on the Valve Covers.

#5 - HVAP (purge valve/solenoid for the fuel tank vent/purge).

You might be able to pick up the hoses from the sale section here or on eBay. A bit pricey if new...

Also, might suggest you look into the LS6 valley cover/pcv system. You can do alway with the PCV hoses if you do and it also is a better system and less oil will find its way into the intake.

BC

Quick Reply: Vac Lines for LS in '69 Camaro