Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hydroboost

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 07:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hydroboost

Tried Posting This in the Suspension and Brakes Section with no luck... here goes nothing for this section.

I am currently in the middle of a 2009 ly6 swap into a 65 Pontiac Lemans. I have opted to go with the Jeep Grand Cherokee steering gear and I am using the ly6 power steering pump. I would like to also upgrade the brakes to a hydro boost system and I have a couple of questions.

1) Would I be able to use a later model hydro boost system from something like a 2000-2006 Tahoe, van, or suburban? Would I run into any issues with fitment or compatibility?

2) I keep hearing about running a mid 90s astro van setup. What makes that system so attractive over a truck or SUV setup?

I plan on having hydraulic lines made with the metric O ring fittings for the JGC box so the lines shouldn't be an issue.

Let me know if I am missing something obvious. Thanks for your help!
Old 01-05-2016, 09:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

On my 67 Buick Skylark, I went with jeep steering box and CCP's streetbeast on an LY6. I ended up with the vet alt/ps with bracket. Works great, I'm sure you will be very happy once you get it together. I've read about several setups reusing old parts, I wasn't willing to experiment on the brake system. CCP system is all bolt on, the only messing around is the brake lines and a couple of hydraulic hoses. Good luck, keep searching
Attached Thumbnails Hydroboost-img_20151229_182212.jpg   Hydroboost-dscf2827.jpg  
Old 01-05-2016, 10:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

Most hydroboost units are the same, only the mounting is different. The Astro van units are popular just because they're the most readily available. I have it on several vehicles, I like them better than most aftermarket vacuum brake boosters.

Quick Reply: Hydroboost