Sponsored by:

what causes gas pedal to die out? gen IV lsx

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 04:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what causes gas pedal to die out? gen IV lsx

a little story so this makes sense...

i have an 07.5 gen iv 5.3/4l60e in my jeep wrangler. emmisions legal.

its been fine for the 6 months ive had it besides the fact that the drive on demand has been kicking on at any speed. (annoying) so i had it re programed. they found that novak had the fuel level turned off on the ecm. which the ecm needs to run the evap test. so he turned back on for me. now alls i need to do is run a fuel level sender wire to it because its poped a "fuel level input circuit to high" code...

now the problem im having is whenever i go from park to drive or reverse to to drive, then take off from that start, the jeep takes off a couple mph, then the throttle pedal stops working. i can press it to the floor, press it a little, and nothing. the engine is still running, just not responding. so when i dont touch the throttle for a few seconds, it comes back to life and ill never have the problem until i put it back into park or reverse, then back to drive.... could this be because its now looking for fuel level? because i never had the problem before.

oh and if anyone has any spare wire with a terminal on the end for an e38 ecm please let me know

Quick Reply: what causes gas pedal to die out? gen IV lsx