Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring Harness Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 09:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring Harness Help

Hey all looking for a little guidance here. I've been studying here and LT1swap.com on making a standalone harness for a very long time and just got started yesterday. Things are going well with the exception of a couple of items.

Setup is 2006 L33 5.3/4l60e, Blue/Green harness/pcm with DBW tac module, and using Current Perrformance SA1000 Fuse Box.

Have a couple of questions:

1. What is this connector and do I need it?

2. I know this one gets cut out, I believe I have labelled what is needed from this one. Question is some of the wires from this plug go into my TAC harness. How many / which wires do I need to make the gas pedal work?

3. I believe this one is the Park/Neutral plug for the side of my 4l60e. I have a dark green wire that ran from the factory fuse plug to this plug. Now it goes nowhere. Do I need it? Do I even need the plug itself? I have a light green wire on the same plug that I have labelled neutral safety.

Thanks in advance for the help, I have hit a wall...
Attached Thumbnails Wiring Harness Help-photo-1.jpg   Wiring Harness Help-photo-2.jpg   Wiring Harness Help-photo-3.jpg  
Old 03-18-2013, 10:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

First pic looks like the plug for the 4wd stuff, is your harness off of a 4x4? Second pic, the plug is what originally connected to the inside harness, the wires going to the TAC are your cruise control wires to the switch on the column. Just need the wires going from the TAc to PCM for the throttle to work. Third pic is the neutral safety/back up light switch. It also ran the PRNDL on the dash. It has some wires that go to the PCM that you need to keep, but you don't need all of them. If it goes back to the PCM, don't mess with it and you'll be fine.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:12 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 64Velle
Hey all looking for a little guidance here. I've been studying here and LT1swap.com on making a standalone harness for a very long time and just got started yesterday. Things are going well with the exception of a couple of items.

Setup is 2006 L33 5.3/4l60e, Blue/Green harness/pcm with DBW tac module, and using Current Perrformance SA1000 Fuse Box.
1. What is this connector and do I need it?

You will need to use two of the wires from this connector. One is Brown and one is Gray. The go to your alternator. You will have to rewire them to the pcm. Brown goes to green 15 and gray goes to green 75. The rest are unused.

2. I know this one gets cut out, I believe I have labelled what is needed from this one. Question is some of the wires from this plug go into my TAC harness. How many / which wires do I need to make the gas pedal work?

There are several wires in this connector that you will want to use. The tach, MIL, data, Speed signal, and cruise wires are here.

a-DK Blue- Cruise Set/Coast
d-DK Grn/Wht- Speed signal from PCM
h-DK Grn- Data-goes to OBD II Cavity 2
j-BRN/WHT- Malfunction Indicator Light
k-WHT- TACH Signal
L-Gray- Cruise ON signal
s-Gray/BLK- Cruise Resume/Coast

3. I believe this one is the Park/Neutral plug for the side of my 4l60e. I have a dark green wire that ran from the factory fuse plug to this plug. Now it goes nowhere. Do I need it? Do I even need the plug itself? I have a light green wire on the same plug that I have labelled neutral safety.

If you are using the trans that came with the engine what you will do is wire your cranking voltage wire which should be a 20 gauge wire or so through cavities 1 and 12. Then you can use the heavy gauge ignition voltage wire to supply power to your back up switch, and then use the heavy gauge gray wire to power your back up lights. The only other two wires you will use will be the white wire, which you wont have to move at all. And leave the ground wire. This way your pcm gets the signal it needs and your neutral safety is functional.

Standalone LS Swap Harnesses IN STOCK!
LSX, LTX Stand alone swap harnesses. S10 LSX conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses, 24x conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses. LT1 to LSX PLUG AND PLAY Harnesses.
sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491
Old 03-19-2013, 07:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excellent! Thanks for the help. Now that I have moved the alt wires to the PCM from the generator battery control module, will I need to do anything when flashing the PCM or is it just plug and play?

Quick Reply: Wiring Harness Help